300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlecWill View Post
    The residential assistants are older students hired by the school to live in the dorms with the students. They are required to report and behavior that is illegal or goes against the schools rules. All I know is that a girl that was in the room at the time reported it to her RA. From there I don’t know where the information went. All I know is that It ended with me in cuffs on October 4th around 11pm. I was just assuming that the RA told public safety then public safety told the local police as they usually work pretty close with eachother.
    Hmmmm.... yeah. I believe you.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Whether you're telling the whole story or not, your chances to get hired are going to fall into one of three categories...

1. You'll be auto-DQ'ed.
      2. You won't be auto-DQ'ed, but you'll never be hired, always being edged out by someone with a cleaner background.
      3. After many years, some department might roll the dice on you, either because hiring standards have changed or society's views on recreational drug use have changed.

The reality it, no matter how you spin it or the "whole story," you decided to use a felony-level drug and were arrested and charged for it while you were in college for criminal justice. Beyond the simple criminal aspect, that displays a lack of character, extremely poor judgement, and a profound disrespect for the laws and profession that you wanted to enter.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

The fact that some of these guys are giving you hope as far as a future in law enforcement is hysterical to me. Simply put - you're done.
        Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

I had got charged with possession of a controlled substance Cocaine.

I purchased the drugs on September 19th 2018.

I was arrested that night on October 4th.
          A felony drug offense like cocaine possession will most likely (and should) permanently prevent you from obtaining a position in law enforcement.

Comment

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            Where on earth, would cocaine possession not be a felony, at the time of your offense?

• AlecWill
            AlecWill commented
            Editing a comment
            Oregon....

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, Oregon is located within the United States of America, where cocaine possession remains a federal felony.

So like I said, a felony drug offense like cocaine possession will most likely (and should) permanently prevent you from obtaining a position in law enforcement.

• Aidokea
            Aidokea commented
            Editing a comment
            ...and cocaine possession is still a felony in Oregon for possession of two grams or more of cocaine, possession of any amount of cocaine by convicted felons, and possession of any amount of cocaine for offenders with two or more previous convictions for illegal drugs (to include marijuana).

I received the bag of cocaine on September 19th... I was in a dorm room with a few people before a party. I had the cocaine out. I left for the party. 2 police officers knocked on my door around 11pm. They told me they knew I had cocaine. They asked me if I could hand it over so they could test it and make sure it is what it is. I gave the first officer the baggy. Meanwhile I was talking to the other officer on my doorstep. The first officer comes back with his test kit showing that it was in fact cocaine. They take me away in cuffs. I used it 4 different times and had just a little left in the bag. That is what I handed to them.
          Saved for his BI.

Comment

AlecWill, I don't know how to put it any more plainly- we're not looking to HIRE dopers, we're looking to ARREST dopers.

Comment

Your story won’t add up to the BI just like it doesn’t add up to us.
              "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5234 users online. 210 members and 5024 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X