300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other things?

Greeting ladies and gentleman, I was hoping to get some help on a topic I'm having trouble finding out about. I'm applying for a position in law enforcement soon and I'm working on the disclosure forms where I must disclose any prior arrest/detainment, etc. I called my former local police department to get the details of the only incident I can recall from when I was a juvenile. On the phone, the records woman gave me the info I needed but she also said "There are other things on your record as well". I was shocked because I can't recall of any other incident so I contacted the juvenile and adult court that oversees this county and they cannot see anything else besides the one incident I know of. How can the police department be showing that there are other things on my file if the court system only has record of one?

Names of all involved parties in any incident are generally recorded in reports. If you were a caller, a witness, a victim, or an uncharged suspect, your name will likely be included in a report, whereas the court would have no record of those interactions.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Oh okay, thank you so much for you help. So to the best of your knowledge, if I ordered a DOJ criminal history record, it wouldn't show those interactions? It would only show the same record that the court system can see?

Comment

There is not a national database containing the names of every person who was ever mentioned in a police report.

Comment

Put down the cases and interactions you remember. Don't overthink it.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Thank you all for your fast and helpful responses! I appreciate it very much.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4766 users online. 221 members and 4545 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X