X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working days or nights?

What do you prefer and why?

I have worked both. Nights it is.

Less traffic, better calls (usually) and time to actually be pro-active rather then answer wreck calls all day.
    RIP Officer Josh Williams
    Old Fort, NC PD # 919... 10-42... 02/01/2007

Our loss is heaven's gain

Comment

I prefer nights.

Less Brass, Less Traffic, Less Heat and everyone on the road is either going to or from work, or up to no good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash View Post
        I prefer nights.

Less Brass, Less Traffic, Less Heat and everyone on the road is either going to or from work, or up to no good.
        I agree 100%. I love overnights. Unfortunately, I have to work 1800-0300 the rest of the year.
        The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Nights (13 years now) No bosses, less people, and the ones you Do deal with, are generally skells..you dont have to play "Officer Friendly" as much...

Comment

Having worked both nights and days, I will stay on nights. All the reasons above apply. Plus, the night shift tends to attract the go-getters and people who want to work. I much prefer those working conditions then trying to find where the average day shift slug is hiding.
            Originally posted by kontemplerande
            Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
              Having worked both nights and days, I will stay on nights. All the reasons above apply. Plus, the night shift tends to attract the go-getters and people who want to work. I much prefer those working conditions then trying to find where the average day shift slug is hiding.

+12 and add court house politics.
              Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
              I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
              Originally posted by weinerdog2000
              as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

I've worked most of my patrol career on the early morning (EM) shift, 2300-0700hrs. The other thing, besides all those mentioned above, is the fact that when the weekend comes, if I'm lucky and I get off on time at 0700hrs, I have the rest of the day ahead of me. Grab a quick power nap and do what you want that day, sleep all night and have 2 days off. Granted, at the end of day 2, you are going back to work so it puts a damper on going drinking with the fellas...
                Carpe Noctem

Comment

Worked mids for years... and love it.
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I work the 18:00 to 06:00 shift. Love every minute. We get to be proactive and work the kinds of things we like. I specialize in DUI enforcement but my beat partner works dope so we got a good thing going. Can't do that on day shift with all the brass, traffic accidents, and lazy people working.

Evil lurks at night.

Comment

Nights! The coffee is better...the brass is gone...less traffic...more time to be proactive...less wait at the mag's office...better calls.
                      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Wow, I thought I was the only freak that liked to work the "yard". Everyone else here has covered it. Fewer calls so you can be proactive, more active officers, bad guys play at night, etc...

And on the rare day that I'm not feeling so hot I can take it easy and not worry about having to shag a ton of calls.

Course I'm not in a strictly patrol spot anymore so it doesn't matter.
                        Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

I always work 7pm - 7am and love it for the same reasons everyone else posted. Plus we have an active bar scene 8 bars jammed into a few blocks so it's pretty busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash View Post
                            I prefer nights.

Dash, you could not have said it any better the less brass and traffic are the reasons why I love working nights.

Comment

I loved mids while I was on it. I still love it, even though I'm currently rotating. But when you have little kids that don't understand the concept of daddy taking a morning nap that lasts until 12 or 1pm, then it gets frustrating.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5298 users online. 262 members and 5036 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X