300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop shot cop

Do you think that after killing your fellow officer you could return to duty without issues? Do you think, from this article the officer should return to steet duty after a year?

http://content.hamptonroads.com/stor...136&ran=220132

I don't think it is up to us to say whether he is ready to return to the streets or not. I am sure this event will haunt him for the rest of his life.

Comment

I wouldn't want to ever be in that position. My condolences to the Darden family and I wish the best for Barry in the future, with everything.
      "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Scary stuff... could really happen to anybody out there.

I think he should be able to go back to working the streets when he feels ready.

Comment

Thats been a year?

Originally posted by iMarkVideo View Post
          Do you think that after killing your fellow officer you could return to duty without issues? Do you think, from this article the officer should return to steet duty after a year?

http://content.hamptonroads.com/stor...136&ran=220132
          I remember that incident happened here in Va the same time that incident happened in Chesterfield when that Chesterfield Officer was murdered and his partner heroically fought like a mad dog to survive. I cant believe thats been a year. That Norfolk incident was a tragedy by definition. What do you think? Are you a cop? I think the Chief needs to reinstate him if he's been cleared of any wrong doing to working the street. What happened could have happened to any of us. It is a Tragedy. No wrong doing? Get on with living and working the job.
          "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
            I remember that incident happened here in Va the same time that incident happened in Chesterfield when that Chesterfield Officer was murdered and his partner heroically fought like a mad dog to survive. I cant believe thats been a year. That Norfolk incident was a tragedy by definition. What do you think? Are you a cop? I think the Chief needs to reinstate him if he's been cleared of any wrong doing to working the street. What happened could have happened to any of us. It is a Tragedy. No wrong doing? Get on with living and working the job.
            I don't know if your questions were directed at me. But if they were....No I am not a cop. And this must be just as hard as a relative accidently killing another relative. If it were me, I'd be mentally messed up for way more than a year.

I played in a band in college. We were playing at a Frat party, a few townies came onto the campus to the Frat house just to stir up trouble. I really don't know what happened but the next thing you know, our bass player was shot in stomach. And another guy standing on the stage was shot in the arm. We rushed the bass player to the hospital (only about a mile and a half from the campus) and he died in the OR. This was in Bridgeport, CT. A really rough city.

20 years later I still think about this very often. Once in a while I shed a tear. Everyone is different but if it were me I guess it would be hard only after one year. But thats just me. I feel for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by iMarkVideo View Post
              This was in Bridgeport, CT. A really rough city.
              I'll second that. Long ago when I drove a bloodmobile truck, I got myself lost there and someone started popping rounds at me. The box took a couple hits, so maybe they were just using the big red cross as a target. Sorry, homie, we don't have enough blood for you when the VL come down to pay a you a visit 'cause you took out a cooler of your blood type.
              Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; 05-10-2007, 08:03 AM. Reason: Reason? I don't need no stinking reason.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6318 users online. 340 members and 5978 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X