300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this mean...exactly?

I'm filling out my background packet and have gotten to the section marked: Arrests, Detentions and Litigation.
    The first question asks, "Have you ever been arrested, detained by the police or summoned into court?"
    1. I've never been arrested.
    2. What is "detained"? I've been stopped for speeding and had to sit in my car while the ticket was issued. Is this "detained"?
    3. Why is a person summoned into court. When you get the speeding ticket you can either show up in court or just mail in the fine. Is that being summoned?

Sorry if these are easy questions but I'd rather not ***ume anything and pay for it later.

Thank you guys!

Additionally:
    What is the best way to find out all of the driving citations you've ever recieved? I know the county courthouse would have something but only for around here. I've gotten 2 tickets out of state but can't remember the date or even where one of them was. How do I get a record of this?
    Last edited by TP Dynamic; 05-07-2007, 09:29 PM. Reason: add to question
    "Let him who desires peace prepare for war"
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum - Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
    1 Corinthians 9:26-27

usually under the, "have you ever been detained", there referring to everything other then traffic, as that is generally covered in another section. But unless specified, list everything! In regards to summons, usually there referring to be summoned for any criminal matters, as civil matters most likely will be covered in another section, but as before, unless otherwise specified, list every time you have been to court (excluding jury duty).

edit: DMV or MVA will have your complete record.

Comment

Originally posted by TP Dynamic View Post
      I'm filling out my background packet and have gotten to the section marked: Arrests, Detentions and Litigation.
      The first question asks, "Have you ever been arrested, detained by the police or summoned into court?"
      1. I've never been arrested.
      Self explanatory
      2. What is "detained"? I've been stopped for speeding and had to sit in my car while the ticket was issued. Is this "detained"?
      Anytime you have not been free to leave when in the presence of an LEO and you didnt end up being arrested then you have been detained. It could be for questioning, a field interview, a speeding ticket, etc. List everything unless it is covered in another section of your packet as has been mentioned.
      3. Why is a person summoned into court. When you get the speeding ticket you can either show up in court or just mail in the fine. Is that being summoned?
      You could be summoned as a suspect/defendant, a witness or as the victim of a crime. Your appearances in court for traffic offenses should be covered under another section of your packet.
      Sorry if these are easy questions but I'd rather not ***ume anything and pay for it later.

Thank you guys!

Additionally:
      What is the best way to find out all of the driving citations you've ever recieved? I know the county courthouse would have something but only for around here. I've gotten 2 tickets out of state but can't remember the date or even where one of them was. How do I get a record of this?
      If you cant get the exact dates (try as hard as you can) then list the approximate date and jurisdiction where you received them.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzz View Post
        If you cant get the exact dates (try as hard as you can) then list the approximate date and jurisdiction where you received them.

Good luck.
        Trust me, they will find out every thing about you. They brought up stuff I forgot about.
        You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

Thanks guys. There is another section for trafic citations so I'm thinking that all of my "detentions" will be covered there.
          Last edited by TP Dynamic; 05-09-2007, 01:29 PM.
          "Let him who desires peace prepare for war"
          Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum - Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
          1 Corinthians 9:26-27

Comment

List everything you can think of. If you've stayed on the right side of the law, minus the traffic tickets, then you have nothing to worry about and can answer truthfully during the lie detector test! If you try to omit something for fear it will ruin your image...it will most likely be caught somewhere during the hiring proccess. Then you really screwed yourself for any future employment with that agency or any other.

Good Luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5751 users online. 325 members and 5426 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X