Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if youre asked "why do u want to become an officer" what did u say?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • if youre asked "why do u want to become an officer" what did u say?

    an investigator might ask me that soon... just wondering what people gave as an answer.

  • #2
    You could start by formulating your answers in proper english.

    Comment


    • #3
      Some of the politically correct replies might include..."I want to make a difference" "I enjoy helping others", "I want to put bad guys in jail" , "I enjoy working outdoors", "something new everyday", etc...

      Typically, this type of question is asked during an oral interview, why would your BI ask?
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson
      ______________________


      ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Damian View Post
        an investigator might ask me that soon... just wondering what people gave as an answer.
        Well... why do you want to become an officer? This isn't one of those questions where there is a right and a wrong, the answers are as varied as the job is. If you're doing it because you truly believe you can make a difference and change the city you're living in, tell them that. However, if you tell them that, but you're really in it for the half priced IHOP, they'll see right through you.

        Comment


        • #5
          You can always tell them, what I told them. It went along these lines...

          There I was, minding my own business, or should I say, society's business. Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, changing my outward appearance at a moment's notice...an elderly Orthodox Rabbi one moment, a well-endowed kindergarten teacher the next (Oh, how I enjoyed that particular disguise...I sometimes never left the secret lair). All the dinizens of the alleys and underworld steered clear of me as I made my way through their dark and dirty world. Villians feared the mere mention of my name. My instruments of justice found their mark whenever, and wherever, I unleashed them. Yet, I never hurt an innocent man, woman, or child. The wolf and eagle called me 'brother.' I laughed at danger and refused half-price meals at the chain restaurants. The mayor had one piece of advice for me, "Always use your powers for good." And I did...

          Then, one day I saw the PD recruiting poster promising me a good paycheck, guns, ammo, sometimes a fast car, a yearly uniform allowance, medical & dental coverage, and (one day) a pension. The rest is history.

          Sure, the caped, form-fitting, bullet-proof spandex of my former life often calls to me, but I find it difficult to walk away from the doughnuts. Besides, chicks dig the uniform.
          __________________

          Let me know how that works for ya'
          "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

          Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

          Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

          Comment


          • #6
            Give him this simple answer and the job will be yours:
            "The ladies love the badge".

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
              You can always tell them, what I told them. It went along these lines...

              There I was, minding my own business, or should I say, society's business. Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, changing my outward appearance at a moment's notice...an elderly Orthodox Rabbi one moment, a well-endowed kindergarten teacher the next (Oh, how I enjoyed that particular disguise...I sometimes never left the secret lair). All the dinizens of the alleys and underworld steered clear of me as I made my way through their dark and dirty world. Villians feared the mere mention of my name. My instruments of justice found their mark whenever, and wherever, I unleashed them. Yet, I never hurt an innocent man, woman, or child. The wolf and eagle called me 'brother.' I laughed at danger and refused half-price meals at the chain restaurants. The mayor had one piece of advice for me, "Always use your powers for good." And I did...

              Then, one day I saw the PD recruiting poster promising me a good paycheck, guns, ammo, sometimes a fast car, a yearly uniform allowance, medical & dental coverage, and (one day) a pension. The rest is history.

              Sure, the caped, form-fitting, bullet-proof spandex of my former life often calls to me, but I find it difficult to walk away from the doughnuts. Besides, chicks dig the uniform.
              __________________

              Let me know how that works for ya'
              Best answer ever!!!
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

              I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

              Comment


              • #8
                ...........

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by the rookie101 View Post
                  Give him this simple answer and the job will be yours:
                  "The ladies love the badge".
                  "The badge will get you p***y and the p***y will get your badge"
                  I got nothing for now

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    True story

                    Originally posted by Damian View Post
                    an investigator might ask me that soon... just wondering what people gave as an answer.
                    My academy buddy and still friend actually told one of the places he applied for that he wanted to fight crime like Spiderman. The funny thing is though he didnt get a job with that department he did get one with a better department though I dont know what he told them.

                    I just told them the truth. To stop and prevent crime to the best of my ability by proactive involvement. And to help others. That kind of gets confusing and a grey area after you actually do it for thirteen years but bottomline is thats why I originally got into it.
                    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 4755 users online. 321 members and 4434 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X