300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punisher Symbol

What are your thoughts on the Punisher symbol being used/associated with blue lives matter?

IMO it's right up there with affliction and grunt style... It lets everyone around you know just how TOUGH you really are and that you are NOT to be messed with.

Comment

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. I hope you're kidding...

• Saluki89
      Saluki89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do not test or else you will be PUNISHED

• Aidokea
      Aidokea commented
      Editing a comment
      It's always reassuring when the offender that wants to fight me is completely decked out in MMA swag- it seems like the more MMA stuff they're wearing, the less they actually know about fighting.

Originally posted by iconoclaste View Post
    What are your thoughts on the Punisher symbol being used/associated with blue lives matter?
    Epically STUPID.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I like it.
      Policebackground.net - Background investigation consulting & forums
      http://www.policebackground.net

Comment

Just as the Confederate battle flag is controversial, so too, but not even on the same level, is the punisher symbol. Personally, I have nothing against it, but I wouldn't want to sport the symbol on anything that would be associated with my duty gear. I can see a defense attorney running wild in court with the fact that I had a punisher tattoo, a punisher patch on my duty bag, a punisher sticker on my seat organizer, etc.

We just can't be perceived as 'punishers' in this line of work, especially in this day and time, but I would have proudly sported all of the above if I was still in the USMC where killing people and breaking things was the order of the day. Also, I never found it appealing to associate myself with such things, not because they were controversial, but because I just never had the interest.

Comment

Originally posted by angeredmgmt View Post
          Just as the Confederate battle flag is controversial, so too, but not even on the same level, is the punisher symbol. Personally, I have nothing against it, but I wouldn't want to sport the symbol on anything that would be associated with my duty gear. I can see a defense attorney running wild in court with the fact that I had a punisher tattoo, a punisher patch on my duty bag, a punisher sticker on my seat organizer, etc.

We just can't be perceived as 'punishers' in this line of work, especially in this day and time, but I would have proudly sported all of the above if I was still in the USMC where killing people and breaking things was the order of the day. Also, I never found it appealing to associate myself with such things, not because they were controversial, but because I just never had the interest.
          Bingo.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Been tried and didn't go over so well...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/kentucky-pol...fte-1792720736

Comment

• Aidokea
              Aidokea commented
              Editing a comment
              Now THAT'S epically stupid...even for a southern town of less than 2,000 people, a town with a per capita income of $13,682 a year.

We are keepers of the peace, not punishers. An attorney would shred you over it.

Comment

That symbol would make more sense on a judge's gavel.

Comment

Originally posted by angeredmgmt View Post

An officer in a neighboring agency killed a guy in an OIS. The defense atty tried to get the officer's tattoo entered as evidence of bias intention. The motion was dismissed, but it was still put out there for public consumption.

Personally, not a fan.

Comment

I've always wanted to wear an AARP T-shirt under my vest, so that if some young thug gives me the "take off your badge and gun" challenge to fight, I could strip down to my T-shirt and then ask them how it's gonna look to all their peers, if this doesn't end the way that they'd hoped?

Comment

As many have already said, it's a provocative symbol I wouldn't want a lawyer bringing up in court. Leave it off your duty gear. Best to leave it off your personal stuff too. Even if you were justified, if you get into an off-duty incident and were decked out in Punisher attire, the media is going to have a field day. We're not Punishers, we're Protectors.

Comment

• Exbpa340
                      Exbpa340 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      These “rules” only seem to apply to people that are not a part of the protected class. If you are not the right color when you defend yourself and the aggressor is a card carrying member of the protected class you will immediately be branded as racist. Now if a Muslim commits acts of violence with a vehicle or firearm with multiple fatalities while screaming Allahu Akbar the media is quick to remind us not to jump to any conclusions. This country is so screwed.

IMO, it's kind of douchy. But I also think it's lame walking around in Blue line attire and 5.11s on your day off. Buffs will be buffs

Comment

So now Marvel fans are somehow racists? Or is it just LEOs that are Marvel fans are racists? It’s getting hard to keep track of what is PC acceptable attire.
                      “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
                      DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

I wouldn't put on anything police related. IMO people are getting too worked up over a fictional character symbol. There's more important stuff to worry about.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8135 users online. 358 members and 7777 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X