300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Military

I was wondering how many LEO are ex-military and love there choice of getting out and becoming a LEO. Do you regret getting out of the military ? Is there alot of BS in LEO work ? cant be as bad as it was in the military.

similar but not

Originally posted by joejoe18 View Post
    I was wondering how many LEO are ex-military and love there choice of getting out and becoming a LEO. Do you regret getting out of the military ? Is there alot of BS in LEO work ? cant be as bad as it was in the military.
    Great deal of similarities with military and L.E. It isn't near as bad as being in the military because of the freedom you have. Some of the good and bad things in both worlds are similar. More politics in police work though. At the same time you get to go home when you get off unlike being a marine.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Getting out of the Military was the best choice I ever made, in a law enforcement perspective. I have absolutly no regret about leaving the Army as an MP. As Nighshift Va said there are alot of politics involved, even more then the Military. But comming from the Military you will learn to adapt.

Comment

I don't regret it. The military was a stepping stone, and while I enjoyed my time in and the experience I had, I am also glad I'm out. I've got some buddies who are Guard/Reserve who have tried to steer me toward re-entry but no thanks. I don't want to be tied down in a contract like that again.

I'm happy with my LE gig, and if it doesn't work out for me for whatever reason I'll go back to contracting. A lot of the fun of the military without a lot of the BS.
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by joejoe18 View Post
          I was wondering how many LEO are ex-military and love their choice of getting out and becoming a LEO. Do you regret getting out of the military? Is there alot of BS in LEO work? Can't be as bad as it was in the military.
          Former LEO and former military (Navy) prior to that. No regrets regarding leaving the military, did 6 years active duty. Yes, there is alot of BS in LEO work but there was just as much in the military from my experiences. I do have some regrets regarding leaving LE because I was only on patrol for 2 years. I don't think that 2 years was enough time to fully experience the job.
          "Let's Roll" - T. Beamer

Comment

10 years AirForce...7 1/2 years LE. Great decision going in the service! Better decision getting out! Best decision...LE! No regrets at all!

Comment

I just wanted to say thanks for all the replies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3204 users online. 180 members and 3024 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X