300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

NCIS Los Angeles first aired 10 years ago and there is a use of deadly force in every episode. There are usually 20 episodes per season, which translates to around 200 use of deadly force scenarios since they've been on. At a minimum, it takes about three months after a good (valid) use of deadly force before an officer is cleared and put back on the streets. With all the people they've killed on that show, they would be tied up in use of force investigations for the next 40 years.
    An old partner of mine retired as a Supervisory Special Agent in the Washington DC office of NICS

He won't watch any of the NCIS shows
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post

Well... he is a veteran with way more experience than many on this forum. My recommendation is to develop thicker skin. It only gets worse once you get into law enforcement.

You’re acting like you’re probably not gonna make it through the rookie phase if you’re letting things on a forum get to you.

​​​​​​My first thread I posted on this site he was going off on me and thinking i was under the impression that I think I'm more superior to everybody. So that's why Im thinking I shouldn't trust him with what he says. If anybody read that first thread I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't think I'm saying I'm more superior.

To L-1, I dont think I'm going to encounter danger everyday unless I'm in one of the dangerous towns. Like my friend who has a lot of cop friends we were going down the high way and apparently there's these people speeding down and a cop car just watching and one sheriff on the same highway, she told me that they were following someone and they travel in 4's.
      Ik there not going to have me where a all red and infiltrate the bloods. I dont think they'll have me do it because I'm Desi.

Obviously I have some things to learn if and when I get on the job. I never felt a gun shot before but I seen on YouTube cops taking gun shots to the neck and body and still standing idk if that's because of adrenaline or muscle mass.
      ​that's an undercover operation to me I don't know what its called. But I'll figure out everything once I go in. I know it's not going to be like the tv shows I seen how cops do police work a little bit, and I does not always end in a gun fight.

​​​​​​Cops in Newark never use there gun unless absolutely necessary despite what people say over there.

Oh and if CCCSD actually is legit than ill listen to him from hear on out. But seriously that first thread got me thinking he was a troll I never said i was better than anyone on there and he kept saying I think I am over one comment.
      ​​

​​​​​​​Some of the paragraphs on here are out of place im tired right now, so please forgive me for that lol
      Last edited by Khanraider97; 07-04-2019, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khanraider97 View Post

​​​​​​My first thread I posted on this site he was going off on me and thinking i was under the impression that I think I'm more superior to everybody. So that's why Im thinking I shouldn't trust him with what he says. If anybody read that first thread I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't think I'm saying I'm more superior.

To L-1, I dont think I'm going to encounter danger everyday unless I'm in one of the dangerous towns. Like my friend who has a lot of cop friends we were going down the high way and apparently there's these people speeding down and a cop car just watching and one sheriff on the same highway, she told me that they were following someone and they travel in 4's.
        Ik there not going to have me where a all red and infiltrate the bloods. I dont think they'll have me do it because I'm Desi.

Obviously I have some things to learn if and when I get on the job. I never felt a gun shot before but I seen on YouTube cops taking gun shots to the neck and body and still standing idk if that's because of adrenaline or muscle mass.
        ​that's an undercover operation to me I don't know what its called. But I'll figure out everything once I go in. I know it's not going to be like the tv shows I seen how cops do police work a little bit, and I does not always end in a gun fight.

​​​​​​Cops in Newark never use there gun unless absolutely necessary despite what people say over there.

Oh and if CCCSD actually is legit than ill listen to him from hear on out. But seriously that first thread got me thinking he was a troll I never said i was better than anyone on there and he kept saying I think I am over one comment.
        ​​
        CCCSD is not a troll. To be clear, I’ve been a cop in Indian Country since 2013. I deal with things like domestics and shots fired calls by myself since backup is over an hour away.

As an FTO and K9 Officer, I can say that you have ZERO idea what LE is about. You need to understand that being a cop is different from any other job. Danger is everywhere regardless of the town.

I agree. You obviously have a lot to learn. God gave you two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, and one mouth for a reason.
        Sergeant, US Army 2004-2009
        Sergeant, Army National Guard 2009-2016
        The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

And I don't thinking talking a gun shot is easy I think it's going to be hard and hurt.

Oh and for the record the only cops show I watch is blue bloods.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post

CCCSD is not a troll. To be clear, I’ve been a cop in Indian Country since 2013. I deal with things like domestics and shots fired calls by myself since backup is over an hour away.

As an FTO and K9 Officer, I can say that you have ZERO idea what LE is about. You need to understand that being a cop is different from any other job. Danger is everywhere regardless of the town.

I agree. You obviously have a lot to learn. God gave you two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, and one mouth for a reason.

well it's not like I'm going to learn everything online about police work. It can only go so far that's why I try dial out the things I see on TV, if I see a cop do a back flip and shoot someone, I'm not going to think that's real lol. And I'm not going to think I'm going to be safe all the time. A moral I go by is you do what you sign up for. And if I sign up to be a cop, I know I'm going to feel like quitting but I'm going to refrain from it and try my best to be a good cop.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong i have never said that on this forum, because you guys are like elders to me. Anybody whose on here. Obviously once I get on the job it will be different.

So any insight you can give for me on police work would be nice.

Comment

Dude, it would truly benefit you to speak/type less and listen more. You talk yourself into a hole. Take it easy, stay out of trouble for a few yrs and go from there. What else are you to do? You're babbling

Comment

This. X10000.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by Khanraider97 View Post

​​

Some of the paragraphs on here are out of place im tired right now, so please forgive me for that lol
                  Read what you just posted. Again. Again. Then come back on here and tell us exactly WHY you are cut out for ANY Public Safety or Armed Security position.

You post like you are 12 years old. Your maturity is at that level also. You have NO idea about life.

You are a walking risk.

And just so you know, because you noobs think it’s important...
                  32 years in LE
                  Patrol, Investigations, SWAT/TEMS
                  Air Support Unit-Pilot
                  K9
                  Instructor
                  PSD
                  Blah, blah, blah...
                  Last edited by CCCSD; 07-04-2019, 09:40 PM.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Read what you just posted. Again. Again. Then come back on here and tell us exactly WHY you are cut out for ANY Public Safety or Armed Security position.

You post like you are 12 years old. Your maturity is at that level also. You have NO idea about life.

You are a walking risk.

32 years in LE
                    Air Support Unit-Pilot
                    K9
                    Instructor
                    PSD
                    Blah, blah, blah...

ok we got off on the wrong foot. I'm not a 12 year old and I have burner phone because my phone is broken. Which is really bad thats why my posts are out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam1095 View Post
                      Dude, it would truly benefit you to speak/type less and listen more. You talk yourself into a hole. Take it easy, stay out of trouble for a few yrs and go from there. What else are you to do? You're babbling
                      Ok listening like I have been for the past 2 hrs not arguing with anybody. And saying they are RIGHT Everytime.

​​And not saying "nooooooooo, I really want to be cop please there got to be something you can do?" Or something. There's nothing I can do. And I'm agreeing with everybody I take stuff like that like a man, and just accept it and wait.

CCCSD I'm not trying to be your enemy, we got off on the wrong foot. And that was 4 days ago.

So can we make amends or not? And just start over. God damn. This is me being mature for the first time on this forum aparently.
                      Last edited by Khanraider97; 07-04-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

You are a walking risk.

32 years in LE
                        Air Support Unit-Pilot
                        K9
                        Instructor
                        PSD
                        Blah, blah, blah...

​​​​​Just to be clear. I do have self control. I would've been in jail by now because I do deliveries in the hood and have been threatened and talk smack too. I do know a lot about life from my age even. There are things I don't do and thing I do do. Right now Im not talking smack to you or anything or starting a fight. I really want to say stuff to customers and yes I forget to put a lot of information in my post. IDC that you think I'm not public safety worthy, YOU do not know me. Nor will you ever know me, trying to read me online and thinking I'm an internet tough guy. If I had the mind of a child I would be going off on you saying your not a real cop or saying go eat a doughnut.

I'm not the type of guy to instigate a fight just because I'm in power. That's not what a good cop would do, and when push comes to shove you use whatever force is necessary, if the person doesn't have a weapon you defend yourself with your hands. If they have a knife use your firearm and give 3 warnings.

I even seen a video of a cop in Texas instigating a fight with these white supremacists who were talking smack about the cops saying they weren't doing anything I can link the video If you want. But there's a time and place for everything and there are customers I want to smack on deliveries with Postmates and doordash. I refrain from it not because I think I'll get fired ik they'd have my back and take my side if I told them the customer was rude. Doordash and Postmates have your back and don't think the customer is always right. But because I have self control and need to stay out of trouble.

The police department will have my back if they see it was in self defense on the body cam because you never through the first punch ever.

I'm not joining for reasons to be in power I'm joining because it's something that I like how they are and what they do.

I didn't say that I would become a police officer to threaten people without getting in trouble, there's many reasons why it suits me better. That was just one reason because if I work a pizzeria job which I have and a customer threatens me i can't do nothing about it, I have to say I'm sorry sit we'll send you a new order with a lava cake.

Now please for the last time because I want to be on a good note with everybody on this forum, do you want to start over? I'm not going suck up to you. Because that would prove I'm immature, cause a child with no self respect would. A 22 year old man wouldn't.
                        Last edited by Khanraider97; 07-04-2019, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Give three warnings?

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post
                            Give three warnings?

arent you suppose to give them a chance? I actually seen video where a cop gave some crazy guy like 20 warning with his gun pointed at him while he had a knife and was coming at him. And if they still come out you you shoot right? A former cop even told me this. Not everything requires to shoot your gun.

Last edited by Khanraider97; 07-05-2019, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Let's just deal with the issue at hand, shall we?

It was actually 3 months ago lol. I am planning on disclosing the information and being up front with IAB (or whoever does the hiring). It was a misdemeanor though, I was actually suppose to go to jail for 30 days but I didn't want that on my record so they told me about a program that will expunge it. They told me I that it wouldn't show up in a background check but I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Worst they can tell me is no. And there is other opportunities for me in Philly, armed security is something I'm interested in in the meantime.
                              Last edited by Khanraider97; Yesterday, 10:52 AM.
                              • Khanraider97
                                #7.2
                                Khanraider97 commented
                                Yesterday, 01:50 PM
                                It was criminal mischief, I broke a tv monitor on a plane when I was working for the airport. I didn't mean to break it though, I had personal stuff going on and just punched it once and cracked it. That is the first and hopefully the last time I got put in cuffs.

And I have good references who can confirm that I don't do stuff like that very often.
                              You have a THREE MONTH OLD criminal conviction. Your conviction was a criminal damaging, where you had "personal stuff going on" and "just punched" a monitor belonging to your employer.

Right off the bat, you're not getting hired anywhere as an LEO any time soon with a recent criminal conviction on your record. The expungement means nothing...even if you were foolish not to disclose it, it will be found by any half-competent BI. The conviction by itself will be an auto DQ until significant time passes without any problems (that time is likely in the 2-5 year range MINIMUM, depending on the agency).

Second, your offense reflects a lack of impulse control and a tendency toward resorting to a violent response. Each and every officer on this board has had "personal stuff going on" in their lives...and, believe me, some of it has been VERY significant "personal stuff." Permitting that "personal stuff" to effect your responses on the job is unacceptable, especially if your response was to punch something...not to mention that you "don't do stuff like that VERY OFTEN," indicating to me that it's not an isolated incident. You can make statements about understanding the job and how you would never do that as a LEO, but (as has been pointed out my several other posters) you don't have any experience and don't know how you would respond. There are many times that people intentionally attempt to garner a response from an officer (usually in the hopes of getting their 15 minutes of fame or a nice juicy payout), and I can guarantee that they're much more aggravating than people you're delivering pizzas to. Since you have no experience in LE, then a department would have to look at your background as an indicator of possible future behavior...and your background on that is not complimentary.

The short answer is, you have some time before a department is likely to even consider you for a position. If you're serious, then it would be in your best interest to do some soul searching in that time, to alter your behavior accordingly, and to make some appropriate changes to your attitude.
                              Last edited by Bing_Oh; 07-05-2019, 10:14 AM.
                              "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                              -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I saw video
                                I have seen video

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11621 users online. 457 members and 11164 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X