300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best case scenario if all else fails?

So I just found out, that my dreams for going into Philly pd are gone........... For 2019 that is, most likely. I'm not looking for some clarity, or closure, or to lie to me or even to act like there's the slightest bit of hope for me of becoming an LEO in 2019. One guy in the other sub forum said I would have to wait at least 5 years before a PD considers me. Again I'm not looking for people to hold my hand.

​​​Now I already put in the application for philly PD the day the recruitment drive opened. So wether they call me or not, I will tell them the truth, if there is the slightest chance I tell them the truth. I'm a man I'm grown, so I shouldn't waste my time leaving out information that might prevent me from them considering me in the future. So on to the question.

5 years is a long time, and I am willing to wait until 2020 or 2021, as long as I can do something productive and that will benefit me in the long run. So what's the best case scenario if I move to Philly, and try applying a few times to PPD, and they dont accept me? I will be continuing my education over there too. I've heard CBP is looking for a lot of people, but again the expunged arrest charge was in the airport, so maybe that's out of the question. What would be best case scenario if all else fails?

I read your other thread.

Expungement is meaningless, it's what you did. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I did a background on an applicant who was a rapist. The arresting agency mishandled all the physical evidence making it a she said/he said case and the jury acquitted. He may have been not gulty as a matter of law, but he was still a rapist as a matter of fact and did not get hired.

While I am not comparing you to a rapist, my point is. your conduct speaks to your character, your temperment and your ability (or in this case, inability) to handle adversity. A five year window during which maintain a good work record, no negative contact with the police, good credit, etc., will demonstrate that you have overcome these issues. One year will not.

There is also the psych exam to deal with. If you are punching TV screens because you are going through personal difficulties, your personality may be such that you may have difficulty passing the psych no matter how long you wait.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I challenge you to be as realistic as possible. Call a CBP recruiter and ask. You already know you’ve got some time to wait.

Nothing truly worth it in life will be either easy or free. If being in law enforcement is truly for you, you’ll persevere and always focus on improving yourself.
      Sergeant, US Army 2004-2009
      Sergeant, Army National Guard 2009-2016
      The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        I read your other thread.

Expungement is meaningless, it's what you did. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I did a background on an applicant who was a rapist. The arresting agency mishandled all the physical evidence making it a she said/he said case and the jury acquitted. He may have been not gulty as a matter of law, but he was still a rapist as a matter of fact and did not get hired.

While I am not comparing you to a rapist, my point is. your conduct speaks to your character, your temperment and your ability (or in this case, inability) to handle adversity. A five year window during which maintain a good work record, no negative contact with the police, good credit, etc., will demonstrate that you have overcome these issues. One year will not.

There is also the psych exam to deal with. If you are punching TV screens because you are going through personal difficulties, your personality may be such that you may have difficulty passing the psych no matter how long you wait.
        I understand all of that and am not making an excuse for what i did. I did it. It's not something I'm proud of and nor did I learn anything from it. In fact I learnt that if anything I should take a min outside to cool down because I was allowed to do that.

I have learnt to calm down. And that's why i haven't done it since.

​​​​
        ​​​​​​
        im guessing by what your sayin is there is no best route for the next 5 years. So I'm going to have to accept that.

It really is amazing how one mistake, even if you Mean no harm, and even get out of a charge really effects you in the long run

Comment

It can seem so but police officers wield great power. And as old Uncle Ben would say...

An agency wants to be absolutely sure (as much as they can be) they're giving that power to the right person. That may well be you once the past is further in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Khanraider97 View Post
            It really is amazing how one mistake, even if you Mean no harm, and even get out of a charge really effects you in the long run
            But even though you meant no harm, you did it anyway. What that says to potential police employers is that in spite of your good intentions, you are unable to control your emotions to the point that you involuntarily cause harm. Y

Police agencies can't knowingly hire someone like that because people push our buttons all the time. When that happens, an applicant with that little control may lose it once again and go to town on them. This may result in the applicant's arrest for assault under color of authority, putting the department in a position of civil liability that may be impossible to defend against, and making whoever knowingly approved the applicant's appointment personally liable for negligent hiring, causing the loss of their life savings and house in a civil action.

No one wants to risk that, so you need to clean things up on your end and become a bright shining light in a dark world.

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorse6 View Post
              I challenge you to be as realistic as possible. Call a CBP recruiter and ask. You already know you’ve got some time to wait.

Nothing truly worth it in life will be either easy or free. If being in law enforcement is truly for you, you’ll persevere and always focus on improving yourself.

well if a police department would see that and not hire me. Why would a federal LE agency? Especially if it happens in the same location they are patroling and policing.

Maybe I should. Right now I'm hustling these deliveries but like I said before the worse they can say is no. So I'll give it a try. I don't know if law enforcement is for me but it seems better for me than a office job or working in a pizzeria. I have self control, I wouldn't punch someone just because they're getting under my skin. In fact I would be more assertive. Until push comes to shove which in New Jersey in Newark there was a guy in Newark who was going to beat his girl or wife and cop car right in time, the guy was getting mad at the cop and telling him off. And the officer said "you better calm down or your either going to get a bullet in the leg or arrested". So that's how I know law enforcement is better for me because if he can do that without getting into trouble than I can do it too. As a police officer. I'm not saying say it to someone whose mentioning my mother but if they are hostile towards me id let them know that if they don't calm down I'm not going to be nice, but not pull out my firearm

Comment

well if a police department would see that and not hire me. Why would a federal LE agency? Especially if it happens in the same location they are patroling and policing.

Maybe I should. Right now I'm hustling these deliveries but like I said before the worse they can say is no. So I'll give it a try. I don't know if law enforcement is for me but it seems better for me than a office job or working in a pizzeria. I have self control, I wouldn't punch someone just because they're getting under my skin. In fact I would be more assertive. Until push comes to shove which in New Jersey in Newark there was a guy in Newark who was going to beat his girl or wife and cop car right in time, the guy was getting mad at the cop and telling him off. And the officer said "you better calm down or your either going to get a bullet in the leg or arrested". So that's how I know law enforcement is better for me because if he can do that without getting into trouble than I can do it too. As a police officer. I'm not saying say it to someone whose mentioning my mother but if they are hostile towards me id let them know that if they don't calm down I'm not going to be nice, but not pull out my firearm
                Did you just state on here that you want to be a cop because you can threaten people with no recourse? Rhetorical. Don’t bother to answer.

You won’t get past the testing, which is a good thing. You are a psych issue waiting to blow up.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I like how the police force is too, teamwork and tactical firefights, and like training alongside each other.

​​​That's why I think it's a good fit for me. Because I'm not the type of guy to not follow orders and help out when in a gun fight, I ve never been in a gun fight but i would strive to help and fire back.

I like the operations the undercover ones especially,and the raids I like those.

So that's why I think it's better for me. Because if I like what they do than I will most likely enjoy it.

Comment

I like how the police force is too, teamwork and tactical firefights, and like training alongside each other.

​​​That's why I think it's a good fit for me. Because I'm not the type of guy to not follow orders and help out when in a gun fight, I ve never been in a gun fight but i would strive to help and fire back.

I like the operations the undercover ones especially,and the raids I like those.

So that's why I think it's better for me. Because if I like what they do than I will most likely enjoy it.

You are so far off base...thank Sweet Baby Jeebus these posts are discoverable.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Did you just state on here that you want to be a cop because you can threaten people with no recourse? Rhetorical. Don’t bother to answer.

You won’t get past the testing, which is a good thing. You are a psych issue waiting to blow up.

no I didnt. I said that if someone is being hostile to me that I could let them know that I won't be so nice back. What did that have to do with enjoying threatening someone? And no there s more to it than that. I also like to help people especially when people in gangs think they can do whatever they want. And start harassing shaking down people and stuff.

Don't tell me you dont feel the same I dont want to threaten people but I will only show the same respect you show me and if you hit me I will hit you back. But not use lethal force unless necessary.

Comment

Omg I can't believe I responded to this CCCSD guy again l I thought it was different member lol. I'm just going to ignore him now.

​​​​

Comment

no I didnt. I said that if someone is being hostile to me that I could let them know that I won't be so nice back. What did that have to do with enjoying threatening someone? And no there s more to it than that. I also like to help people especially when people in gangs think they can do whatever they want. And start harassing shaking down people and stuff.

Don't tell me you dont feel the same I dont want to threaten people but I will only show the same respect you show me and if you hit me I will hit you back. But not use lethal force unless necessary.
                          Saved.

Comment

Omg I can't believe I responded to this CCCSD guy again l I thought it was different member lol. I'm just going to ignore him now.

​​​​
                            Well... he is a veteran with way more experience than many on this forum. My recommendation is to develop thicker skin. It only gets worse once you get into law enforcement.

You’re acting like you’re probably not gonna make it through the rookie phase if you’re letting things on a forum get to you.
                            Sergeant, US Army 2004-2009
                            Sergeant, Army National Guard 2009-2016
                            The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

I've got to side with CCCSD on this one. You don't have the slightest idea what police work is really like. I fear you have been watching too many cop shows on TV. They are written for entertainment value and are so far from accurate as to be laughable. Take a look at the examples Hollywood puts before you.

NCIS Los Angeles first aired 10 years ago and there is a use of deadly force in every episode. There are usually 20 episodes per season, which translates to around 200 use of deadly force scenarios since they've been on. At a minimum, it takes about three months after a good (valid) use of deadly force before an officer is cleared and put back on the streets. With all the people they've killed on that show, they would be tied up in use of force investigations for the next 40 years.

Similarly, take a look at Law & Order SVU (or Social Justice Warriors Unit as some people call it). There are so many civil rights violations on that show, misuse of public funds, conflicts of interests and malicious prosecutions that if it were real life, every character in the show would be serving time in Federal prison. I am personally embarrassed every time I watch it.

The same can be said about Hawaii 5-0. When it comes to interrogations, the department literally operates its own torture chamber in the bowels of its headquarters. On past episodes of the show, McGarret and Danny Williams have literally murdered individuals in cold blood because they were angry. Chin Ho routinely steals money from evidence when he needs it. Kono marries an organized crime figure but everyone overlooks that because she is cute. When Kono left the show, the organized crime figure is made a member of the department and given a badge and a gub. Captain Grover flies halfway across America to kidnap his old partner and torture a confession out of him.

Chicago PD has an "Intelligence Unit" that does no intelligence work. Instead, it is run by a bunch of officers who flat out murder, torture criminals, steal, extort and falsify reports, in order to defeat other public officials who also murder, torture, steal and extort.

Repeat after me ten times - THIS IS NOT WHAT POLICE WORK IS ABOUT.

Stepping off soapbox now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11916 users online. 468 members and 11448 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X