Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the penalty?

I won't name names....

But a former roommate of mine from college (we hated each other), was pulled over for speeding on another college campus. Since his father is some sort of big wig in the NY/NJ Port Authority, he asked the campus policeman, "do you know who the f*ck I am?" When the man replied, "No," he stepped out of the car and raised a closed fist to the man, prompting him to be tackled and cuffed. The man then called the NYPD in after smelling something funny on him, proceeding to find inside the car marijuana (unknown amount.) There was even talk that he sold cocaine to someone else nearby or perhaps had some in his system. Provided his daddy doesn't bail him out of this, what could be the penalty? Just a fine? This happened in New York.

I don't think New York is different but he could and should be charged with possession of a controlled substance, resisting and obstructing and what ever else they can think of. This guy sounds like a real winner.
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

DisCon
      Harassment (possible Agg. Harassment)
      OGA
      CPCS
      Speeding (and any other VTL violations available)
      Asslt 3 (possible)
      Resisting

Comment

I just hope given his dad's high position he doesn't get out of trouble like he always used to.

Comment

Those are alot of charges to get out of. If he had left it at speeding, sure, he'd be cleared but he screwed himself by getting out of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by aftermath View Post
            Those are alot of charges to get out of. If he had left it at speeding, sure, he'd be cleared but he screwed himself by getting out of the car.

Yep. Some people are absolutely brilliant when it comes to talking themselves into going to jail.
            Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

That's like the biggest thing when you're pulled over right? Unless asked to do so you do NOT get out of the car, right?

What do you guys usually do if someone starts to get out or actually ends up out of their vehicle?

Comment

I just heard that it was a State Trooper he did it to.

Comment

order the person (in a firm loud voice) to get back in the car... if he refuses, that's a different story

i'd be ****ed if that guy got off with just a fine. i bet he'll get probation.

Comment

Originally posted by SlovakChlop View Post
                    That's like the biggest thing when you're pulled over right? Unless asked to do so you do NOT get out of the car, right?

What do you guys usually do if someone starts to get out or actually ends up out of their vehicle?
                    If I ordered them to stay in the vehicle? Hopefully, I kicked the door closed before they got out. If they are out, they are not going back in. Depending on how much they resist, a trip to jail. If it is a "stupid citizen mistake," then they just get a lecture. If it is a "you can't tell me what to do" A-hole, then they get to see the justice system from start to finish.
                    Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by pujolsfan146 View Post
                      Yep. Some people are absolutely brilliant when it comes to talking themselves into going to jail.
                      +1
                      Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                      I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                      Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                      as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3676 users online. 231 members and 3445 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X