Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chances????

Hi guys/gals!
    I posted a question earlier my drug use...and I just want to get more specific about it and see your opinions.

I had a stint of about a year to a 1.5 years of marijuana use. Smoked maybe 4-5 times some weeks, 1-2 other, and sometimes none. I have been clean since 10/24/06...important day for me. I never sold drugs and never bought huge quantities. The most I ever bought was 2 grams. I have since changed my ways and absolutely despise the drug personally. It wasted my life, my money, and possibly my future.

Also I have tried shrooms once....did not get any effects from it, I know this doesn't change the matter of fact that I ingested them but just thought I should let you know. Never did them again...not interested in any drug again.

I am currently 20....shrooms was probably about 2 years ago

How badly will this "stint" go against being a LEO???
    If you guys/gals need to ask me anymorebackground/clarifying questions, feel free.

If you wanna bash me...FLAME ON!
    Thanks guys/gals I truly appreciate what you do for the community
    Last edited by rcossy1023; 05-04-2007, 01:08 AM. Reason: left out some info

Based on your useage, most agencies will not consider hiring you until you have been clean for at least FIVE YEARS. So, when you are twenty-six or so, you should begin your application process - if you are still interested.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Your drug usage is too recent. I think most if not all PDs will DQ you.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
        Your drug usage is too recent. I think most if not all PDs will DQ you.
        AGREE 100%!
        "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Chances??

Right now, your chances aren't too good. The use of "Shrooms" may be an automatic DQ for some agencies. In the meantime, build a solid work history, continue your education if possible, be active in the community. All of these are pluses. Realistically, about five years will need to elapse between your last drug use, and your application. Hope things work out for you.

Comment

It's only been 6.5 months...you're going to have to show a "history" of being clean...I agree with the other...more like 5 years of being clean and the shrooms might take you out of the running. They would at my PD.
            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by rcossy1023 View Post
              Hi guys/gals!
              I posted a question earlier my drug use...and I just want to get more specific about it and see your opinions.

I had a stint of about a year to a 1.5 years of marijuana use. Smoked maybe 4-5 times some weeks, 1-2 other, and sometimes none. I have been clean since 10/24/06...important day for me. I never sold drugs and never bought huge quantities. The most I ever bought was 2 grams. I have since changed my ways and absolutely despise the drug personally. It wasted my life, my money, and possibly my future.

Also I have tried shrooms once....did not get any effects from it, I know this doesn't change the matter of fact that I ingested them but just thought I should let you know. Never did them again...not interested in any drug again.

I am currently 20....shrooms was probably about 2 years ago

How badly will this "stint" go against being a LEO???
              If you guys/gals need to ask me anymorebackground/clarifying questions, feel free.

If you wanna bash me...FLAME ON!
              Thanks guys/gals I truly appreciate what you do for the community

Shrooms + amount of usage with the MJ = no go.

Comment

Build a work history, then maybe apply. As of now, I think you would be DQ.

Comment

Ditto...

Marijuana use or experimented is somewhat expected in these times. But mushrooms? Mushrooms are definitely not acceptable. Clean up and change your way of living and make better choices.

If you’re serious about becoming LEO, honestly, for the next few years volunteer at some type of DARE program, PAL, or something geared towards keeping kids off of drugs. You can use your bad decisions and history to stop other kids from throwing their lives away.

Kids can really relate to people or someone as young as you who have done the samethings. You can impact thier lives. Who knows, you may a niche in that.

Good luck.
                  Last edited by Monster56; 05-06-2007, 12:13 PM. Reason: Added more stuff
                  "The angle of the dangle is proportional to the heat of the meat." - Beavis

Comment

Originally posted by Monster56 View Post
                    Ditto...

Marijuana use or experimented is somewhat expected in these times. But mushrooms? Mushrooms are definitely not acceptable. Clean up and change your way of living and make better choices.

If you’re serious about becoming LEO, honestly, for the next few years volunteer at some type of DARE program, PAL, or something geared towards keeping kids off of drugs. You can use your bad decisions and history to stop other kids from throwing their lives away.

Kids can really relate to people or someone as young as you who have done the samethings. You can impact thier lives. Who knows, you may a niche in that.

Good luck.
                    Wow i realized I should do some community service but never thought about doing the DARE program...Thanks for that! Also Im joining the Search and Rescue Team for my state thats another positive thing right?

Comment

Every agency is different, but most I am aware of view "shrooms" or any hallucinogenic drug as an automatic DQ. Marijuana is a little more flexible.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3433 users online. 217 members and 3216 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X