Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy clothes, need help

Hello,

I am pretty sure that I am going to get into an academy in WI. I am going to be doing this self sponsorship. I found out that if I am accepted, I need to get some black bdu pants, and some black boots. Can anyone suggest a good place to get both of these? Also, what kind of boots would be good for the Academy? I will be doing the Academy from June-August, so if there is some kind of a boot that is not as hot as another, that would be preferable.

RangerJoes,

Comment

galls.com there's tons of stuff
      -Stay safe

Comment

A local police/military supply store will have everything you need. Also, definately hold off on buying, since they may specific certain brands. Online is usually good for prices, but I personally wouldn't want to buy shoes that I haven't tried on.
        -Mike
        The above comments reflect the personal, off-the-record, unofficial opinions of the individual posting them only, and in no way, shape, or form should be taken to indicate any particular opinion, policy, or belief by the poster's or any other agency, governmental entity, organization, or corporation. Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Ebay or a local army/navy surplus for the BDUs. Wash them inside out or they fade like crazy.

Rocky "Alpha Force" boots got me through the academy and well into patrol. Very comfortable once they break in.
          RIP Officer Josh Williams
          Old Fort, NC PD # 919... 10-42... 02/01/2007

Our loss is heaven's gain

Comment

At the MSTC academy in central Wisconsin, we wore the dark blue 5.11 Tactical BDU's. As far as boots go, I can tell you that you won't want to buy the Magnum boots that zip up the side. Mine started to get holes in them while I was in the academy and now they're of no use.
            sigpic

Comment

quartermaster (qmuniforms.com)

galls.com

ebay (be wary though)

good luck.
              ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
              -- John Wayne

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4017 users online. 177 members and 3840 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X