300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lasers

Do any of your departments allow or issue lasers for your service weapon? Do you think they are useful? I've often heard, and can understand how, that the laser can be a huge psychological deterrent for someone when they have a red dot on their chest.

Thanks for you time.

Originally posted by JCT View Post
    Do any of your departments allow or issue lasers for your service weapon? Do you think they are useful? I've often heard, and can understand how, that the laser can be a huge psychological deterrent for someone when they have a red dot on their chest.

Thanks for you time.
    There is good and bad, God, as you pointed out is the deterrance factor, Bad, is that people will have a tendency to focus on the dot, and forget their basic skills..it's too easy to use it a s a crutch rather than as an aid.

Comment

my agency, LASD, allows it.. only certain ones . i believe the crimson grip ones are allowed. personally, i was surprised any agencies would allow lasers. people are too lazy to practice with their regular sights.

Comment

Allow... yes

When you have 4 people with someone at gunpoint you really don't know which little dot is yours so you find officers lowering their gun a little bit to find their's which is bad. Get some night sights and use those. There is the psychological factor of seeing a little blinking light on your chest. Good bad at the same time. If you use one don't let it be what you use to aim.

Comment

Somewhat useful. Don't forget (as many do), that the laser must be zeroed to the weapon. Unless this is done, it is useless.

Comment

2 members of our 26 force have the lasers.

I think someone will be just as scared with me pointing my weapon on them as the light.

11b101abn, our guys use that one from (lasermax?) that it actually replaces your guide rod so there is no zero in, it's always 2-3" at 25 yards. (so I have heard)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5981 users online. 346 members and 5635 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X