Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I still have a chance to be a police officer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by The Shield101 View Post
    Why is it ridiculous. I made a mistake, and I want to make up for it.
    How does becoming a cop "make up" for your visits to illicit massage parlors?? Makes no sense.

    If you genuinely feel bad about what you did and want to make amends then I suggest you donate to or volunteer your time at the Polaris Project or one of the many other organizations combating human trafficking.

    https://polarisproject.org/initiativ...age-businesses

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by The Shield101 View Post
      Why is it ridiculous.
      Because your pattern of behavior demonstrates a fundamental character flaw that is in stark contradiction to our responsibility to the communities that we serve.

      I made a mistake...
      That's not true. As careerchange#2 pointed out, you made a choice...twice.

      ...and I want to make up for it.
      You trying to get hired as a police officer, doesn't "make up for it" in any way.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

        If you genuinely feel bad about what you did and want to make amends then I suggest you donate to or volunteer your time at the Polaris Project or one of the many other organizations combating human trafficking.

        https://polarisproject.org/initiativ...age-businesses
        I don't know, man- that sounds about as risky as a fox volunteering to watch over the chickens.

        Comment


        • ThinBlue404
          ThinBlue404 commented
          Editing a comment
          Bahahahahahaha

      • #19
        I made a bad choice. Can any of you say you haven’t made a stupid decision in your lives?

        Comment


        • just joe
          just joe commented
          Editing a comment
          I think most of us have made plenty of them, and dealt with the fallout. Wanting to be a police officer because you got a happy ending doesn't even begin to make sense. As noted by another poster, there are places you can volunteer, or you can donate money to agencies that serve these women.

        • Saluki89
          Saluki89 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've never made a bad choice; every choice I make is a great choice.

      • #20
        Originally posted by The Shield101 View Post
        I made a bad choice. Can any of you say you haven’t made a stupid decision in your lives?
        I'm sure we've all made plenty of bad choices and dumb decisions in our lives. And some of us probably have made bad choices that prevented us from getting hired right away...or by our preferred agency...or without first maturing and adding a whole lot of positives to our resumes.

        I don't think you're unhirable per se. I just don't think you'll be hired any time soon or by any competitive/reputable agency. Your profile says you're 21. You've got PLENTY of time. Five years from now this might be looked at as a youthful indiscretion.

        Comment


        • #21
          Originally posted by The Shield101 View Post
          I appreciate the honest feedback. I would never let someone off the hook in exchange for sexual favors. I do feel guilty about this, which is why is want to become a cop to make up for my mistakes.
          Make sure you tell them this at an oral board.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

          Comment


          • #22
            Originally posted by The Shield101 View Post
            I made a bad choice. Can any of you say you haven’t made a stupid decision in your lives?
            Yep. Trying to get you to understand The Stupid you are doing.
            Last edited by CCCSD; 06-12-2019, 06:03 PM.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

            Comment


            • #23
              Originally posted by The Shield101 View Post
              • I'm going to be brutally honest here
              • I went to a erotic massage parlor 3 months ago and a second time a few days ago
              • I’m not going to make any excuses, I realize that I messed up, and I’m going to do everything I can to make up for it
              • After much soul searching, I believe that the best career for me is being a police officer, as I enjoy helping people and being an asset to the community
              • If I am asked about any illicit activities I may have committed in my past during an interview, I plan on just being honest and admit I made a stupid mistake, as I know lying is the worst thing you can do
              • I guess my question is, would any department even consider hiring me?
              This must be preserved. One of the better "Can I still..." I've seen.

              Comment


              • #24
                Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

                This has got to be one of the most ridiculous reasons I've heard for wanting to be a cop. Please find another way to repent.
                No chit !
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                Comment


                • #25
                  In before the delete

                  Originally posted by The Shield101 View Post
                  • I'm going to be brutally honest here
                  • I went to a erotic massage parlor 3 months ago and a second time a few days ago
                  • I’m not going to make any excuses, I realize that I messed up, and I’m going to do everything I can to make up for it
                  • After much soul searching, I believe that the best career for me is being a police officer, as I enjoy helping people and being an asset to the community
                  • If I am asked about any illicit activities I may have committed in my past during an interview, I plan on just being honest and admit I made a stupid mistake, as I know lying is the worst thing you can do
                  • I guess my question is, would any department even consider hiring me?
                  Originally posted by The Shield101 View Post
                  I appreciate the honest feedback. I would never let someone off the hook in exchange for sexual favors. I do feel guilty about this, which is why is want to become a cop to make up for my mistakes.
                  Originally posted by The Shield101 View Post
                  Why is it ridiculous. I made a mistake, and I want to make up for it.

                  Originally posted by The Shield101 View Post
                  I made a bad choice. Can any of you say you haven’t made a stupid decision in your lives?
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

                  My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                  Comment


                  • #26
                    And think of the crap you would get from EVERYONE you worked with if you EVER DID MANAGE to get hired.... you;d be given the crap duties
                    Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                    Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

                    Comment


                    • #27
                      Originally posted by The Shield101 View Post
                      Why is it ridiculous. I made a mistake, and I want to make up for it.
                      Bull *****! You're still minimizing your apparent criminal activity.

                      You can't get arrested for making a MISTAKE! Commit a crime and you can get arrested if you're caught. Big difference!

                      ​​​​​​Getting 1% milk instead of whole milk is a mistake. Paying $10 for herpes from the local meth head is not a mistake.

                      Comment


                      • #28
                        • The Shield101 Yesterday, 06:59 PM
                          I know I made some stupid choices, but am I truly unfit to be a cop now? I know I’ll never do anything like that again, and being a cop is something I want to pursue. How long would you say I should wait to apply?
                        • PeteBroccolo Today, 06:42 AM
                          You are done. Move on.
                        #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                        Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                        RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                        Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                        "Smile" - no!

                        Comment


                        • PeteBroccolo
                          PeteBroccolo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hint: if someone sends me a PM / eMail without my saying its ok to do so, I WILL re-post it, as I did here.

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 9933 users online. 475 members and 9458 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X