NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Do I still have a chance to be a police officer?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Shield101
    Banned
    • May 2018

Do I still have a chance to be a police officer?

• I'm going to be brutally honest here
    • I went to a erotic massage parlor 3 months ago and a second time a few days ago
    • I’m not going to make any excuses, I realize that I messed up, and I’m going to do everything I can to make up for it
    • After much soul searching, I believe that the best career for me is being a police officer, as I enjoy helping people and being an asset to the community
    • If I am asked about any illicit activities I may have committed in my past during an interview, I plan on just being honest and admit I made a stupid mistake, as I know lying is the worst thing you can do
    • I guess my question is, would any department even consider hiring me?
  • NW121
    IL Police Officer
    • Sep 2018

Not with your having visited a prostitute only a few days ago. The pattern of behavior is the concerning part in that it's now happened twice and recently. There may be some agencies who will look the other way on it if enough time has passed but that will need to be years ago in your background to even be a possibility. For the immediate future, I believe you'd be disqualified. The only way to know for sure is to try out and let them make their own judgements.

Comment

• careerchange#2
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2006

You didn't make a mistake, you made a choice. Twice. You'd be auto DQ here.

Comment

• CCCSD
        Shadowman
        • Jul 2014

“Soul searching...” Bwahahahaha. But let me go to a prostitute again...and again...while I try.

Comment

• just joe
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2006

Years from now, some place might give you a chance. Find another way to pay your bills and check back in ten years or so.

Comment

• ThinBlue404
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2014

I’d be less concerned with the background and more concerned with the medical...just saying.

Comment

• NorCalAspirant
              Doesn’t Look Like A Cop
              • Feb 2016

You should have done some soul searching BEFORE you decided to go see a hooker. Keep your life in order and check back in 10 years

Comment

• Aidokea
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by The Shield101
                [*]After much soul searching, I believe that the best career for me is being a police officer, as I enjoy helping people and being an asset to the community

You would not be an asset- you'd be a liability.

Apart from your current pattern of committing crimes, you would probably not be a good fit in this profession.

Think about the risks, if you got hired. Imagine encountering a drunk fully-developed and model-pretty 17 year old female all alone in the middle of the night, barely wearing a few ounces of chrome-plated lycra clubwear and stripper stilettos...and she sexually propositions you, in extremely graphic terms, in exchange for you not arresting her?

We deal with this stuff regularly.
                Last edited by Aidokea; 06-11-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• westside popo
                  westside popo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Damn where do you work? Down here it's only the Faces of Meth models. And I'm talking about the "two years later" ones.

• Aidokea
                  Aidokea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I work in paradise. What I'm describing, happens when underage girls get fake ID in order to get into the "ladies night" for free at a particularly problematic night club. They dress like strippers, the guys buy them alcohol inside, and then bad things happen.
                  Last edited by Aidokea; 06-13-2019, 12:42 PM.
              • Aidokea
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2006

[LIST]
                I realize that I messed up, and I’m going to do everything I can to make up for it
                If you're being truthful about going to do everything you can to make up for it, go confess your crimes to the police, and offer to be a CI (Confidential Informant) to assist them in their investigation. They wouldn't ask you to do anything that you're not already doing, and you'd be helping to end the sexual exploitation of those females.

Comment

• CCCSD
                  Shadowman
                  • Jul 2014

Oh...those women who you paid? Human trafficking is a Felony. Now you think you’d be an asset? You understand them...after you continued their slavery...?

Comment

• Zeitgeist1
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2019

You would be considered a risk for accepting sexual favors in exchange for lettting whomever go. Time, lots of time is what you need.

Comment

• Aerohead
                      BOFA
                      • Jul 2010

Were you doing this soul searching while you were screwing the hooker or after you were finished?
                      Last edited by Aerohead; 06-11-2019, 06:29 PM.
                      Originally posted by RSGSRT
                      We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                      Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• The Shield101
                        Banned
                        • May 2018

I appreciate the honest feedback. I would never let someone off the hook in exchange for sexual favors. I do feel guilty about this, which is why is want to become a cop to make up for my mistakes.

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
                          Townie Soprano
                          • Aug 2017

I appreciate the honest feedback. I would never let someone off the hook in exchange for sexual favors. I do feel guilty about this, which is why is want to become a cop to make up for my mistakes.
                          This has got to be one of the most ridiculous reasons I've heard for wanting to be a cop. Please find another way to repent.

Comment

• The Shield101
                            Banned
                            • May 2018

Why is it ridiculous. I made a mistake, and I want to make up for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20083 users online. 57 members and 20026 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...