300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i do

i was cut short in the process with a police department at the oral board. they said they liked me but that my life experience isnt enough being 21 years old. BUT they did offer me the chance to go into the process of being a jail officer. this place is very expensive to travel too should i take the jail job process or join the military which is something ive wanted to do and get a actual life experience

The offer of becoming a DO w/ them is a respectful offering given your age and application. I'd take that for a year or so to build upon your skill sets. On the off hand going Military does give you preference points towards the hiring process albeit your commitment for a few years obviously. Keep in mind being a DO you can easily apply for other agencies as well and not have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo789 View Post
      i was cut short in the process with a police department at the oral board. they said they liked me but that my life experience isnt enough being 21 years old. BUT they did offer me the chance to go into the process of being a jail officer. this place is very expensive to travel too should i take the jail job process or join the military which is something ive wanted to do and get a actual life experience
      What should you do?

You should learn to capitalize, punctuate, and paragraph.

Comment

The military doesn’t exist to give you a cop job.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Joining the military is a big decision, and no one can make that choice for you. Maybe start with a pros and cons list each one. They must have seen some potential in you, or they wouldn't have made the offer.

Comment

There are a lot other ways to get life experience other than the military.

Jail work is a good stepping stone for some move into full time law enforcement.

Based on your posting history here in the past few months, you should be exceptionally thankful they offered you a position at all.

"Detorit" police is still hiring, btw...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo789 View Post
              do what ever you want
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Weigh the pros and cons. Make an informed decision.

Comment

Sounds as if you have to travel a fair distance from where you live simply to get this entry-level position. Up to you, but think long and hard about doing that. If you can not get onto a closer Agency, and you have no other employment prospects, then, sure, sign-up with the military, but you obviously need to mature more. Good luck to you.
                  #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                  Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                  RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                  Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                  "Smile" - no!

Comment

Were you considering the military before this? The military was a great option for me as I wasn't accomplishing much in school and it really helped me figure out what I wanted to do with my life, among other things. Don't enlist just to qualify for a job.
                    Last edited by Zeitgeist1; 06-13-2019, 08:08 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9600 users online. 399 members and 9201 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X