X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deputy x 2
    replied
    Originally posted by futurecop28 View Post
    How many hours a day do you guys spend doing boring paperwork?
    Alot! Just remember 2 minutes of excitement equals hours of paperwork. That's the name of this game.

Is paperwork boring..you bet it can be...but it's the adrenalin rush that makes it all worth it.

Leave a comment:

• StudChris
    replied
    It really depends on the assignment and how busy you are. If you're in patrol and you're just a call taker, even if you're in a busy department, you won't have as much paperwork as someone who's just in patrol but makes his own calls between taking calls. If you're in investigations, you're going to have a lot more paperwork. And if you're in a supervisory position, you'll have paperwork concerning everyone elses paperwork.

Leave a comment:

• irishdep
    replied
    a Lot! A Whole Lot!

Leave a comment:

• irishdep
    replied
    a Lot!:d :d
    Last edited by irishdep; 05-02-2007, 11:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NightStix
    replied
    Invest in a good supply of pens. My recommendation, dont get those Pilot G2 pens. I found after foot cases that they tend to leak and stain the shirts.

Leave a comment:

• Bing_Oh
    replied
    Paperwork makes the (LE) world go round. Pretty much everything you do as an officer will be reflected in some kind of paperwork. So, if you want to get into LE, get used to your paperwork. Get good at your paperwork. Love your paperwork. Paperwork is the only constant in this unpredictable profession. And, as annoying as the piles, reams, and stacks of paperwork are, they will also cover your butt and put the bad guy's butt in jail.

If you want a quick and easy answer to "how much paperwork do you do," then I can tell you that I have spent entire 8-hour shifts doing nothing but catch-up paperwork from a particularly busy shift the previous day. It isn't always like that, but it happens more often than you'd think.

Leave a comment:

• janego10
    replied
    lots, people will be out of jail 2 + days and i'm still doing paperwork for the case

Leave a comment:

• D.o.D cop
    replied
    To dang much.....If I arrest you, your gonna sit in the cell for about an hour to an hour and a half, maybe longer depending how much of a PITA your being, before I even think of taking you to the jail.

Leave a comment:

• detsarg
    replied
    Originally posted by futurecop28 View Post
    6 to 7 hours...but it will be a little less if you are just starting in patrol.

Leave a comment:

• futurecop28
    started a topic How much paperwork?

How much paperwork?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3996 users online. 243 members and 3753 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X