300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much paperwork?

How many hours a day do you guys spend doing boring paperwork?

Originally posted by futurecop28 View Post
    6 to 7 hours...but it will be a little less if you are just starting in patrol.
    Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

To dang much.....If I arrest you, your gonna sit in the cell for about an hour to an hour and a half, maybe longer depending how much of a PITA your being, before I even think of taking you to the jail.
      You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

lots, people will be out of jail 2 + days and i'm still doing paperwork for the case

Comment

Paperwork makes the (LE) world go round. Pretty much everything you do as an officer will be reflected in some kind of paperwork. So, if you want to get into LE, get used to your paperwork. Get good at your paperwork. Love your paperwork. Paperwork is the only constant in this unpredictable profession. And, as annoying as the piles, reams, and stacks of paperwork are, they will also cover your butt and put the bad guy's butt in jail.

If you want a quick and easy answer to "how much paperwork do you do," then I can tell you that I have spent entire 8-hour shifts doing nothing but catch-up paperwork from a particularly busy shift the previous day. It isn't always like that, but it happens more often than you'd think.
          "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Invest in a good supply of pens. My recommendation, dont get those Pilot G2 pens. I found after foot cases that they tend to leak and stain the shirts.

Comment

a Lot!:d :d
              Last edited by irishdep; 05-02-2007, 10:47 AM.
              "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

a Lot! A Whole Lot!
                "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

It really depends on the assignment and how busy you are. If you're in patrol and you're just a call taker, even if you're in a busy department, you won't have as much paperwork as someone who's just in patrol but makes his own calls between taking calls. If you're in investigations, you're going to have a lot more paperwork. And if you're in a supervisory position, you'll have paperwork concerning everyone elses paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by futurecop28 View Post
                    Alot! Just remember 2 minutes of excitement equals hours of paperwork. That's the name of this game.

Is paperwork boring..you bet it can be...but it's the adrenalin rush that makes it all worth it.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5030 users online. 281 members and 4749 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X