300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst/greatest?

i tried doing some research and i didn't find much (maybe i put in the wrong phrases or whatever), but was wondering, what is the worst thing you had to do while being a leo? for example, a girl i know just passed away in a car accident and she was only 20. i'm not a leo yet but i can just imagine having to make the call or the visit, especially if it's someone you know who was involved.

on the flip side, what was the best thing you have ever accomplished while being a leo?

any stories, accomplishments or anything else is appreciated. thanks in advance.

Worst: SIDS investigations
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Child sexual battery (rape) investigations . These really work on my abilty to remain objective when it comes to the suspect.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Worst and best

Originally posted by national View Post
        i tried doing some research and i didn't find much (maybe i put in the wrong phrases or whatever), but was wondering, what is the worst thing you had to do while being a leo? for example, a girl i know just passed away in a car accident and she was only 20. i'm not a leo yet but i can just imagine having to make the call or the visit, especially if it's someone you know who was involved.

on the flip side, what was the best thing you have ever accomplished while being a leo?

any stories, accomplishments or anything else is appreciated. thanks in advance.
        My worst war story was my best story. I responded to a call where a 2yr old boy was beat by the livin boyfriend of his mother. The beating caused a skull fracture and serious internal bleeding. Mom discovered her 2yr old son unconcious and blood covered in a hall closet when she got home from work then called us. I got to write the initial report and follow the child to the hospital to watch him die a long agonizing tortueous painful death at age 2. The suspect actually came in for an interview with me present i watched the investigations get the man to tell the truth as to how he was trying to watch tv and the hungry boy was whinning and too loud to the dirtbags likeing so he beat him with a fireplace poker until he was unconcious then went back to watching tv and put him in the closet so the floor wouldnt get as messed up. When it came time for arrest he fought and attempted to run. We all wanted to kill him when he did this but we didn't we got control of him and put him in a cage like the rest. Circuit court he was sentenced to Life in prison. That was the best day. Though I still feel bad for taxpayers having to pay for his food in prison.
        "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

Death notification always suck. Had to tell a 20 something mom her 6 month old child was dead. Closest I ever came to crying on duty.
          A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
            Death notification always suck. Had to tell a 20 something mom her 6 month old child was dead. Closest I ever came to crying on duty.
            Yeah, next of kin notifications at 3 in the morning are the toughest

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightshift va View Post
              My worst war story was my best story. I responded to a call where a 2yr old boy was beat by the livin boyfriend of his mother. The beating caused a skull fracture and serious internal bleeding. Mom discovered her 2yr old son unconcious and blood covered in a hall closet when she got home from work then called us. I got to write the initial report and follow the child to the hospital to watch him die a long agonizing tortueous painful death at age 2. The suspect actually came in for an interview with me present i watched the investigations get the man to tell the truth as to how he was trying to watch tv and the hungry boy was whinning and too loud to the dirtbags likeing so he beat him with a fireplace poker until he was unconcious then went back to watching tv and put him in the closet so the floor wouldnt get as messed up. When it came time for arrest he fought and attempted to run. We all wanted to kill him when he did this but we didn't we got control of him and put him in a cage like the rest. Circuit court he was sentenced to Life in prison. That was the best day. Though I still feel bad for taxpayers having to pay for his food in prison.

The people that you run into in this field....there's not much you can say. You have to play by the rules, while they get free reign...

Though it's generally nice to take the subject from lock-up to courts and they happen to "fall" a few times into a wall or into another object. I don't condone those actions however....

Funniest thing was, we had someone do something similar a town over when I was a firefighter about 10 years back. Anyways, the subject was being held at the village PD and hadn't gone over to the courts yet. Said subject and his cell mates wouldn't shut up, and this was 2-3am, so the officer in charge of the lock-up called the K-9 handler. They took the dog, tossed it in the cell and turned out the lights. After about 20 minutes, everyone was crying to get the dog out and they'd behave. Reason I knew this was I was one of the responding medics to treat the fools. The city is so dirt poor, they actually had to call a box alarm on almost all their calls for help. Ah, memories.

Comment

Worst thing: Arresting a guy for vehicular manslaughter (ordered to by a sergeant) when the "offender" was not DUI, driving over the speed limit or committing any other traffic violation. He had hit a pedestrian who'd stepped into the street from between two cars and there was no way for the driver (no priors for anything) to stop. The sergeant just wanted to verify there was no BA and wanted to let the DA's office make the decision not to prosecute. The driver was in horrible shock after killing the ped. The arrest was worthless.

Best thing: Getting a letter of thanks from the family of a murder victim, after securing a conviction on the suspect (via a great DA) on my first "Who Done IT" case as a homicide investigator. The suspect was a total POS gang member, who skated on numerous violent priors and other gang members even told me they considered him a "bully." Knowing that long after I've retired, he'll still be making license plates.....Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
                "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

Originally posted by aftermath View Post
                  Funniest thing was, we had someone do something similar a town over when I was a firefighter about 10 years back. Anyways, the subject was being held at the village PD and hadn't gone over to the courts yet. Said subject and his cell mates wouldn't shut up, and this was 2-3am, so the officer in charge of the lock-up called the K-9 handler. They took the dog, tossed it in the cell and turned out the lights. After about 20 minutes, everyone was crying to get the dog out and they'd behave. Reason I knew this was I was one of the responding medics to treat the fools. The city is so dirt poor, they actually had to call a box alarm on almost all their calls for help. Ah, memories.
                  Do they follow a use of force continuum?
                  U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
                  Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

Originally posted by TPD Cadet View Post
                    Do they follow a use of force continuum?
                    I'm not thinkin this was something they did that any else ever found out about....certain towns can get away with that kind of thing

Comment

Originally posted by gecko3s View Post
                      I'm not thinkin this was something they did that any else ever found out about....certain towns can get away with that kind of thing
                      Still sounds kind of bad. Maybe I am reading it wrong.
                      U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
                      Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5482 users online. 341 members and 5141 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X