300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.T.S.D and college PD

If im recieving disability for post traumatic stress disorder from the military do any of you guys think that would D.Q. me? and Does anyone know if California University PD polygraph?

no polys for cal state or UC's i believe
    PTSD will be an issue but it's up to your psych to make that determination.

are you interested in CSU San Marcos PD? since you're somewhat close to that location or UCSD?

Comment

One of many

Originally posted by WRiGZ View Post
      If im recieving disability for post traumatic stress disorder from the military do any of you guys think that would D.Q. me? and Does anyone know if California University PD polygraph?
      First off, thank you for your service in the Armed Forces. I did mine in the Gulf War as a Marine Infantry Machinegunner and they didn't offer any thing for readjustment to the real world much less Police Work. It shouldn't disqualify you since Millions of Cops are also combat veterans, it would be hypocritical just because you are noble enough to seek help for it. That said if a department discriminates against you solely for that reason I think you would be eligible with the help of a lawyer to add another benefit to your income. If you dont get hired by a department because of this Id spit at that department because they aren't worth working for anyway. You might do better though rather than working for a liberal school like California who lean toward anticop treatment to put in application to the L.A.P.D or SanDiego P.D. You'd have more to offer those agencies with your military background and you'd probably fit it though I dont know you personally I can only speak for my experiences working for a City Police Department in the Southeast fit my persona better after being a Marine. Just food for thought.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

im staying in long beach so i was thinking more like cal state dominguez PD. i really want to be a city cop but the polygraph would get me DQ. my recruiter told me to lie about drug usage. He told me to say that i smoked pot twice when really it was more times than that. i know that they look into my military record and see that i put twice

Comment

was this your military recruiter or a LE recruiter that told you to lie? you can still get DQed from agencies that don't have polygraphs, even for drug usage.

Comment

it was my military recruiter that told me to lie.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4201 users online. 234 members and 3967 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X