300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gang question

Is there a gang whose colors are blue and white (plaid shirts, predominantly hispanic males). I drove through one of *badder* :-) areas in my city and saw three hispanic guys get out of a car, all wearing these colors, one with a hat sideways... They really stuck out from *normal* people that I see in that area, and I thought they might be gangmembers.... Are these gang colors?

Where Crips and Bloods are prominent, Crips wear blue and Bloods wear red, but the situation in your region could be something else entirely. I'm not the least bit up on Chicago-area gangs. No doubt, there is a gang that favors these colors, and you might be well advised when you're in that area to refrain from wearing the opposite color. Many gangbangers regard that as more than enough provocation to kill you.
    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Most likely associated with the Folk nation in one way or another.

Comment

Don't know about Chicago, but on the West Coast, blue on a Hispanic gang member means he is a Sureno (southern affiliate).
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees View Post
          No doubt, there is a gang that favors these colors, and you might be well advised when you're in that area to refrain from wearing the opposite color. Many gangbangers regard that as more than enough provocation to kill you.
          So was I right to assume that they were definitely gangmembers? And I wear an all-black shirt, black pants, and black shoes, with a black hat [on straight :-)] 'cause I just deliver pizzas in that area haha I don't hang around there :-)

Does anyone know of some good gang-education/recognition material?

Comment

I have a question similar to this. Do Crips ever wear yellow and black, or Pittsburgh Steeler clothing? That may sound weird, but there's this big group of guys in my neighborhood (around 15) who tag stuff with Crip names and the sort, but when I see them, it seems like half of them are decked out in Steeler clothing. I've heard sometimes they claim sports teams because of logo's and things, so would this be something Crip members would do, or am I seeing too much into it?

Comment

Originally posted by centralTMC View Post
              I have a question similar to this. Do Crips ever wear yellow and black, or Pittsburgh Steeler clothing? That may sound weird, but there's this big group of guys in my neighborhood (around 15) who tag stuff with Crip names and the sort, but when I see them, it seems like half of them are decked out in Steeler clothing. I've heard sometimes they claim sports teams because of logo's and things, so would this be something Crip members would do, or am I seeing too much into it?
              Around here, Latin Counts wear those colors.

Comment

it would probably be a little hard to get gang recognition material unless you're LE. Same goes with tatooes and more.

i'm sure you notice a lot of people wearing nice plain white shirts, which symbolizes neutrality.

Comment

Most likely Rollin 20s Long Beach Crips. Their neighborhood in California relates to Steelers colors.

Comment

Originally posted by FreeBird View Post
                    Most likely associated with the Folk nation in one way or another.
                    Possibly some truth to that.....were they school or team colors.... possibly Georgetown, Duke or even Depaul??? If so, good bet GD's. More info if you have it plz. Northern Western or Southern Burbs???
                    You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

CLOTHING
                      While clothing alone cannot positively determine individual membership in a street gang, color and style serve to identify each gang.

Hispanic gangs adopt a basic white T-shirt, thin belt, baggy pants with split cuffs, a black or blue knit cap or a bandanna tied around the forehead.

Black gang members are individualistic in their dress and tend to adopt certain colors. The Crips use blue or black or a combination of the two. The Blood gangs generally use red accessories such as caps or bandannas.

Green can mean either the gang member is declaring neutrality for the moment of is a drug dealer. Black can be worn by some Hispanic gangs. Other common gang colors include brown or purple.

Preferred clothes include baggy pants, baseball caps turned at an angle. Particular brands of shoes, pants, shirts.

Some gangs wear plaid shirts in either blue, brown, black, or red, worn loose and untucked.

Gang graffiti, gang symbols, messages or names are written or embroidered on jackets, pants and baseball caps, belt buckles, key chains, starter jackets (team jackets), red or blue bandannas called rags.

Excessive amounts of dark clothing or one-color outfits, white T-shirts and Levi’s with upturned cuffs are seen.

Expensive or gaudy jewelry like heavy gold rope chains, earrings and large rings are favored.

http://lang.dailynews.com/socal/gang...gcharacter.asp
                      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

it would probably be a little hard to get gang recognition material unless you're LE. Same goes with tatooes and more.
                        Ok, but for people like me who asked a question about it, isn't it important? Just so civilians know who to watch out for?

Comment

Ok, but for people like me who asked a question about it, isn't it important? Just so civilians know who to watch out for?
                          One word. Google.

Comment

Originally posted by cityblusuit View Post
                            Possibly some truth to that.....were they school or team colors.... possibly Georgetown, Duke or even Depaul??? If so, good bet GD's. More info if you have it plz. Northern Western or Southern Burbs???
                            Western suburbs... east side of Aurora. It wasnt school/team colors. Just blue plaid shirts.

Originally posted by aftermath
                            One word. Google.
                            That's true. I found a lot of info related to chicago gangs on different websites. Thanks.

Comment

Ok, I am really scared at some of the posts you guys put up. Do any of you work gang investigations? I do. One thing you will learn is that you can NOT give people generic information like I see on this board, it is dangerous and causes so many problems. I see it every day! YOU CAN NOT DETERMINE GANG AFFILIATION WITH COLORS ALONE!!!!!!!!! Some of you even said that the 3 hispanic males were crips, are you serious?? HA! In gangs there are Chicago based and everybody else.

One guy from cal. I belive sgtchp gave some pretty soild info. I would have to agree that most likely sureno (sur 13 etc) or some association is most likely it, but again they could be anything local...rarely do you have any national affiliation. I wish it were as simply as bloods and crips it is soooo not. There are 1,000's of variations of each. Hispanic gangs are dynamic and differ from area to area. I mean they could be the zippy mart vatos gang for all we know. We have some 300 hispanic based gangs were I work, and I am pretty sure Chicago has even more than Atlanta.

No one can tell you about your gangs. You gotta get out there and talk to them and find out what you have and who they side with, what they are in too..etc. that is the ONLY way. There is no book, no manual no "in the office" way to learn this stuff. This is what makes gang investigations so frustrating and so intresting at the same time.
                              "Anyone is capable of anything"

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything I thought it could be".

-Peter Gibbons
                              Office Space

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4731 users online. 276 members and 4455 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X