300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of state applicant background investigation

Good evening,. I am currently going through the hiring process and have completed my physical agaility, written, and polygraph exams. The next step for me was for my background investigation, which is to be completed by my home state. I completed the polygraph in February and was told my background was sent out to be completed but I have heard nothing from my home state and I am beginning to get worried that it will not be finished in time of the academy start date. I understand that the state I am applying to has no means of telling my home state to hurry. What I want to know is that is there anything that I can do or will I just have to accept that it may not work out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

As with anything in the hiring process, you're going to have to learn patience. "Hurry up and wait" is a mantra you should recite...repeatedly. The hiring department doesn't have any control over how quickly another agency checks their records and forwards them back, and the clerk at the agency they're waiting for probably has a stack of a thousand other records requests on his/her desk.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Nothing is ever timely when you're in the hiring process for a cop job and backgrounds can take as long as they have to take. If they pass you on the background then the only thing left for you is the psych, drug screen and medical exam.

Comment

Understood I would still have to pass final interview as well. I know to be patient I just worry that It will not be finished in time for the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikmik352 View Post
          Understood I would still have to pass final interview as well. I know to be patient I just worry that It will not be finished in time for the academy.
          It is what it is.

The agency will do what it needs to do at the speed that suits them.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Mikmik352 View Post
            Probably not what you want to hear, but if you are selected and don't get in to this class, there's always the next. As has already been said, patience is the key.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7308 users online. 322 members and 6986 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X