300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asthma as a DQ?

Does having asthma dq you from any of the hiring process?

it depends how severe it is. as long as you can run w/o any problems it should be ok, esp sprinting. when you have your med, the doc will make the determination. have you taking a physical before? remember breathing into that tube as hard as you can? i believe it measures lung capacity. you might also have a stress test on the treadmill and being hooked up to machines. but your asthma should only be an issue during your medical and not your background process...

Comment

just control your breating and have your inhaler with you. i have asthma and was able to complete the 1.5 mile run.. i was winded by the end.. but with some water, medication, and time to relax my lungs i was alright after an hour or so. during the medical the dr. wasn't worried... i told him what i was on and how often i have to take it.. and it was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by lewy15 View Post
        Does having asthma dq you from any of the hiring process?
        Asthma is not an automatic DQ. It's a matter of severity. My wife had asthma, and she still passed the local police and FBI physical fitness exams.
        Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3170 users online. 152 members and 3018 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X