300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good agencies to work for?

In about a year or so I am looking to move out of the state i am in now (Maryland) for a change of scenery. I was wondering what some of your opions of the best LE agencies to work for across the United States. I am looking for a safe place I can start a family, but I also want to work for an agency thats pretty busy so I am not just sitting around.

If this helps I like snowboarding as well as boating and swimming so preferably a place where I can do both.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated
    PPD

Application Turned in - 3/10-2008

Written Test - 5/31/2008

I have been away from home (Hawaii) for four years. It is expensive, but it is a great place to raise a family..

I love Hawaii.

Comment

Among the highest paid in the country, and you can ski or surf in the same day, I'd recommend Southern California. Reasonable housing would be Riverside/San Berardino area, but I would highly recommend you go through the application process while you are still in Maryland (a coupla flights to and fro) instead of moving out here and being forced to seek out entry-level fast food work during the months and months it takes to get hired.

My other recommendation is that for the first year or two that you live out here, you RENT a place instead of trying to buy. Give yourself a chance to learn the region and decide armed with knowledge about where you want to settle down.

PS--I'm a Frederick County guy originally.

HTH,

EDJ
      "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
        PS--I'm a Frederick County guy originally.
        I am right next door t oFrederick County in Carroll County
        PPD

Application Turned in - 3/10-2008

Written Test - 5/31/2008

Comment

yes CA agencies have good pay, benefits, and retirement.

you need to be more specific when you mean "best agencies" to work for..
          busy? i'm sure any big city LE is busy. LAPD or LASD if you're in CA. actually try LASD. there's smaller cities too that pay higher (almost all smaller LA/OC agencies , like santa ana, torrance, etc)

Comment

The highest paid department in the nation based on pay vs. cost of living, and a pretty good place to work I hear, is Austin Texas PD. But you ain't gonna snowboard there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5895 users online. 347 members and 5548 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X