Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Cadets are what we call our successful applicants that are accepted to our Academy to participate in our 26 week Basic Training Program to become Police Officers.

Those that successfully complete our BCTP *and* accept their first posting then are sworn in as members of the RCMP, as Peace Officers, and to maintain secrecy, then are employed as Police Officers. They still have to successfully complete their Field Training (usually 6 months) and probation (2 years).

Cadets that do NOT successfully complete BCTP are dismissed without any acknowledgement.

Cadets that DO complete our BCTP successfully but DO NOT accept their first posting DO receive a Certificate Of Training, but no offer of employment. Usually, those graduates apply to, and are immediately accepted and employed by, a Aboriginal / First Nations / Indigenous, or Provincial (RNC in Newfoundland Labrador, OPP in Ontario, or SQ in Quebec) or Municipal (stand-alone or Regional) PS.

I also suggest that anyone asking such a question here, without specifying the Agency and apparently not having researched the job parameters with the Agency itself, needs to look at another vocation than Policing or other Law Enforcement.
    #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
    Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
    RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
    Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
    "Smile" - no!

Comment

And the final word comes from our Canadian Brother.

mic drop.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

As suggested, the application process and job vary from agency to agency. In my area, many state police cadets are assigned to assist troopers in commercial vehicle inspection. There are also other assignments, but truck inspection seems an emphasis. In the county police, the cadet program is designed to encourage minorities to successfully apply for and become officers. This is primarily administrative work in stations and headquarters. In other places such as the RCMP, cadet means what we would call a recruit or officer candidate.
      John from Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Benmikand View Post
        I’m am in the process of becoming a police cadet and I was wondering what all they do.
        Everything they're told.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6967 users online. 289 members and 6678 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X