Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first year I got a .29 . It took me 13 years to beat that record with (2) .34's in one month. I had a co-worker get a .41 on a wreck. As far as the ER results go, I was (accidentally) shown the results of a.14 on a crash patient, took blood within 10 minutes and the crime lab sent back results of a .05. I could only go off the smell of alcohol ( no FST) but I only cited him anyway since he was admitted to the hospital. I'm kind of weary about the hospital lab results, I don't think they are as accurate.
    Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

I have seen ~.270 BAC stopped by our department or myself and arrested for DUI. I have seen ~.650 BAC, talking and walking, come into the local Emergency Room.
      TheDesire
      Desire. Dedication. Dicipline.

Comment

Originally posted by robert2006 View Post
        I am 6 weeks into my FTO program and have yet to come upon a drunk driver. I have spoken with my dept's dui gurus and they mainly find drunks speeding. Is there any other real good secrets or clues besides speeding to catch DUI's? Besides speeding is there like a solid clue that gives away a drunk driver? If you wish to keep this 43 private please pm me. Also what are the best times and days to catch DUI's.
        If you are in small agency where you can pull this off, it's all about numbers. Pull over everyone for anything, especially between 2300 and 0300. Learn to evaluate the driver quickly and issue verbal warnings for non-serious violations and then pull over someone else.
        Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

.19 first blow .21 second blow
          live everyday as if it your last...because one day it will be

Comment

Originally posted by barkalot View Post
            If you are in small agency where you can pull this off, it's all about numbers. Pull over everyone for anything, especially between 2300 and 0300. Learn to evaluate the driver quickly and issue verbal warnings for non-serious violations and then pull over someone else.
            +1

This job is a game of numbers... you must have contact with the public to find things... the more contacts you have... the better your odds of finding something.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

.375, we pulled him out from behind the wheel of a pickup truck that was crashed into some bushes and a tree, with his foot still on the gas unconscious. He passed out driving into campus.

Comment

My first drunk blew a .34, and I was shocked at how well he did on the FST's. The highest non-driver I had was for a first aid call about a subject down behind a restaurant. I got out and there was a guy laying face down, moaning almost inaudibly low. I log-rolled him onto his back and was immediately grateful for having gloved-up before touching him, as he had ****ed the entire front of his jeans. The EMT's arrived, loaded him up, and I thought that was that. A few hours later, a doctor from the ER called me just to give me a heads up on his BAC: 0.59. The doctor had never seen one that high before.

Comment

I had a guy in a crash that was .44, and ran from the scene to his house nearby. I have arrested 4 in a night, I was working a DUI Task Force patrol though! Stay safe

Comment

Man these make mine look minimal! The highest I have had was .32 after 2 hours of waiting at the ADC!

What I have been told, the highest BAC for my department was .42 on a very small woman who was walking and talking and a cussin!

Comment

My personal high is .28. I have seen a .32 at the department. I have yet to make three DUI's in one night but I have made 2 several times. Because of how hard it is to win a DUI case in SC it take a little time making a detailed case. We are trying to get a better DUI law right now. Almost made it through last year but a few LAWYERS in the legislature are holding it up.

Comment

I've seen a few walking/talking/functioning .3XX's in my short career. Mind blowing.

I can't remember, but I want to say I've seen someone close to .4XX. Most drunk drivers I encounter are in the .100-.180 range.
                        In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Comment

I had one arrest at .349. Two days later, my Lt. tagged one at .351. A week later, I popped one at .389. Highest one in my department thus far.

Most alcohol related arrests - New Year's Eve a few years ago. I made the first OWI arrest of the New Year (05), followed by an agency assist in arresting another OWI, followed by a drunk and disorderly arrest at the local hospital which was followed by an OWI arrest that walked into the emergency room thinking it was a nightclub. Topped the night off with a drunken domestic arrest.

Between myself and the sheriff's office that night, we accounted for 7 alcohol arrests. The neighboring agency had zero. Then headlines the next day "Quiet night in the county" - which the agency reported to the newspaper that it was a peaceful night in the entire county. The deputy and myself never figured out which county they were referring to.

Comment

You gotta love alcohol and how it controls so many people. When I worked A shift in the downtown area (where there are a lot of bars/nightclubs) I got into more crap with drunks. I swear...most of them had nothing more than minor traffic infractions on their records and here they were being disorderly and trying to fight or resist arrest.
                            In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Comment

I found a homeless guy passed out under a tree about 15 years ago. Ambulance took him to the hospital where they found his BA level was in the 7's. I think around .725 but can't remember exactly. He walked out of the hospital the next morning. Lucky guy.

Comment

Here we call it PCA (Pisey) (Prescribed Concentration of Alcohol) Still the same rating as you guys I believe (Concentration per 100millilitres of Blood)

Highest I have seen is $2.65

I don't know about over there but here in Aus we have a habit of referring to Pisey's in dollars and cent's

Ie - "I just got this guy for $2.65" (=0.265) "50 cents" (=0.050) and so on

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3014 users online. 173 members and 2841 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X