300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice.....

I have offers from 4 different pd's, but failed the psych eval for 1. Will that effect my chances with the others? Anyone who can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Not really, not unless all the depts use the same psych. Psychs are a bit subjective, which is why DQs who appeal and see their own psychs are re-instated in the process on a regular basis. See the LASD Hiring Process thread for more examples of those who have fought and won against a psych DQ.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32817

EDJ
    "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

I wish I had that choice. I'm not an officer trying to get reinstated. The PD rescinded their offer after I failed the eval. Funny thing is, I can't think of anything out of the ordinary that he said except for my lack of experience. Which I have none by the way, but can that even be a factor? I was #1 on the list. I'm just gonna keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertex View Post
        I wish I had that choice. I'm not an officer trying to get reinstated. The PD rescinded their offer after I failed the eval.
        The people I described above are applicants, not already employed or in the academy. They are in the hiring process.

EDJ
        "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

The only way it can hurt you is if you mention it to them.....I'm of the opinion that not everything needs to be disclosed...if you have offers from three remaining agencies, work on those and forget about the last one.
          Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I appreciate all the help. To give you more details: It's a small town probably looking for some experience, so I doubt they would allow a retest. As a big city might. I already passed a big city psych eval, but failed the small town eval. And as far as disclosing the info, I feel that honesty is the best policy. I still have to pass a background for another department. I would think that they check the other departments.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5353 users online. 296 members and 5057 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X