300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• police academy question

When you are in the academy and you get all your gear, is it then legal for you to carry your service weapon in your car loaded? or do the same rules apply as far as the ammo and clips need to be seperated from the gun and the gun needs to be in the trunk of the car?

Originally posted by kiddunottt View Post
    When you are in the academy and you get all your gear, is it then legal for you to carry your service weapon in your car loaded? or do the same rules apply as far as the ammo and clips need to be seperated from the gun and the gun needs to be in the trunk of the car?
    You would have to talk to your agency about that. Back when I was in the academy, the weapons we had were disabled. Some agencies use 'Red Guns' that are made of a plastic similar to the same weight as the real thing. As for being in the academy, I WOULD NOT carry it until after you graduate and are a sworn officer.

Comment

I would advise against bringing a weapon or ammo of any kind with you to any academy function, or anywhere for that matter, without instruction of your commander. Students can and have been arrest for this. You are not a commissioned officer until you are out of the academy and sworn on an agency.

Comment

In our academy, we didn't get our service weapon until we graduated. The other times, they were stored in the armory. Sorry. I can't help you with your question.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3494 users online. 183 members and 3311 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X