300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ccw

Since the nationwide CCW for LEOs was passed, I was wondering, are there any restrictions on that. For instance, in Missouri when a private citizen gets a CCW, it is state law that they cannot carry into businesses/establishments that have signs posted that they don't allow CCW. Is it different for LEOs? Can a LEO carry into one of those establishments legally?

If you are referring to places like Walmart or Target, absolutely. I can carry pretty much anywhere unless it's strictly forbidden.

In Arizona, you don't even have to have a permit to carry as long as it's visible on your person. We're still the wild, wild west.

Comment

Originally posted by tspinaker View Post
      Since the nationwide CCW for LEOs was passed, I was wondering, are there any restrictions on that. For instance, in Missouri when a private citizen gets a CCW, it is state law that they cannot carry into businesses/establishments that have signs posted that they don't allow CCW. Is it different for LEOs? Can a LEO carry into one of those establishments legally?

LEOSA only permits out-of-state officers to carry anywhere a regular CCW holder could carry, it doesnt confer any special privledges. So if Joe Citizen CCW'r cant carry into a Walmart, than a LEO from out-of-state cannot either. LEOSA doesnt give us any Law Enforcmenet Powers, it just basically grants us a universal CCW permit. That said, i'm still not quite sure how it fits into places where there isnt ANY CCW at all..in those places i guess there just wouldnt be any restrictions, unless there are some already on local LEO's carrying o/d

Comment

Keep in mind, there's a difference between a private business saying you can't carry there and an actual law being broken. If I go to Walmart and Mike the tubby, middle-aged lives with his parentssecurity 'officer' (security guys: I'm just teasing you, relax ) sees the bulge and asks me to leave, I have to legally leave or I'm trespassing (assuming I'm off duty; there are some other rules that apply on duty). They can do that.

However, I'm not breaking any carry laws. A private business can ask me to leave for any reason they want; it's their place and they can say who goes there and who stays. The important things is I'm not breaking any carry laws.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4456 users online. 244 members and 4212 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X