300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College major for LE

Hey guys im a sophomore at Montclair State University in Jersey and I need some guidance on which direction to go in.

I have allready started taking business classes because thats what I thought I wanted a degree in but now im not so sure. Also, I heard that for LE you can have any major and it doesn't matter what subject it's in.

So, is it even worth getting a business degree if I want to pursue a career as either a NJSP or town cop?

It might be a good backup in case im not able to get a job in law enforcement, but i really dont want to climb up the corporate ladder lol

Any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot.

College Major

Any degree, with the possible exception of something like "Aids Awareness" will be of considerable help to you in a LE career. Business is a good major, and I'd say, go for it. When everything is said and done, you'll still need to go through all the requisite processes for hiring. The degree will look good though, and can often result in a little more pay, than if you didn't have one.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
      Any degree, with the possible exception of something like "Aids Awareness" will be of considerable help to you in a LE career. Business is a good major, and I'd say, go for it. When everything is said and done, you'll still need to go through all the requisite processes for hiring. The degree will look good though, and can often result in a little more pay, than if you didn't have one.
      Exactly correct.....a survey of HR administrators showed that having a degree is much more important than what field of study the degree is in.

I would suggest studying whatever interests you; it makes the college experience much more enjoyable, therefore making it more likely you'll finish.
      Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Also it can be used as a back up career or you may want to go into city politics later. Mine is in Computer Science, and my second jobs are in that field. So I do that instead of security work. Better money in it but not as much fun..
        "An officer has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent."

Comment

thanks for the advice guys, i think i know what im going to major in now.

Comment

I have heard from many secret service agents that as long as you have a 4 your degree then your good to go, it doesnt matter what its in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6846 users online. 363 members and 6483 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X