Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what kind of gadget would u like to add...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of gadget would u like to add...

to your police vehicle, motorcycle or cruiser. this is more of a fun/random type post just to see what you all would like to have, fiction or non fiction, its all fun..what would you want and why?
    dubbed code name: Alien #69

To the crown vic i would like to add a sweet high tech.....

cup holder

So much stuff it blocks the cup holder which i'm guessing is common everywhere.

Comment

most LASD cars have a very old ancient MDT computer... some deputies bring their personal GPS systems and mount it on top of the steering wheel. i think most agencies have modern computers that have GPS built in...but my agency is not quite up to par...

Comment

Originally posted by ask80 View Post
        most LASD cars have a very old ancient MDT computer... some deputies bring their personal GPS systems and mount it on top of the steering wheel. i think most agencies have modern computers that have GPS built in...but my agency is not quite up to par...
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it.......Thats what I alway say.
        You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

do you guys ever bring your ipods and plug em in or anything like that to "pass time?"

Comment

Originally posted by 99 Fenix View Post
            do you guys ever bring your ipods and plug em in or anything like that to "pass time?"
            Oh heck yes!!! With a FM Modulator so it goes through my stereo. Dang radio stations play the same crap over and over. When rolling down certain areas that I work, turn up the stereo and give that factory baby all she's got. Kids love it and will come up to the car because they like the music. Great community policing technique and gets the kids to think I am "cool".
            "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

ask80, we are a 25 man department and only have 3 old toughbooks with windows 98. Now that's bad.

Roughrider28, in our CV the front cup holders are like you said blocked by all the crap but in our center console where the radios and light switches are there is two big cup holders built in.

99 Fenix, no ipod but a bunch of guys have sirius or xm installed in the cars.

If I could add anything to my CV it would be those old auto seatbelts, this way whenever I get in or out in a hurry I don't get stuck in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by signal1 View Post
                Oh heck yes!!! With a FM Modulator so it goes through my stereo. Dang radio stations play the same crap over and over. When rolling down certain areas that I work, turn up the stereo and give that factory baby all she's got. Kids love it and will come up to the car because they like the music. Great community policing technique and gets the kids to think I am "cool".

Man, I tried using my ipod but it made my radar error. I need to talk to the local ford guy to see if he can hook me up with a tape deck.

Comment

That's an easy one. Tinted windows. It's hot and sunny down here. I've seen other departments with it, but our department doesn't allow it. Its a good thing I can't get any darker.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

I want one of those little portable fingerprint devices. Guy says "I'm John Smith and left my wallet at home". "Well Mr Smith...put your thumb right here"...and off it goes. Few minutes later, I find out he's John Booth with a murder charge.

I was watching one of the reality cop shows (about San Diego I think) and they had one of those things and were able to confirm the guys identity right there on the street within minutes.

Comment

lion-auto belts would be nice, but arent they kinda slow?! it would be my luck that it would jam befor ei tried to get out on a chase

ditch-that sucks about the ipod, maybe it's the FORD you are driving, not the ipod LOL

leanG-i really just LOLed when i read that, you may not be able to get any darker, but that heat can be a b*tch

so it seems like before you get all that high tech stuff, besides taylor, you guys and gals would like more things to make the day easier or equipment up to speed, very understandable....so no one wants nitrous in their cars or EMP to shut down the cars around you(not yours) during a vehicle chase or even a purge in you car, like a nitrous purge, that would spray tear gas into crowds of hippies....i mean rioters? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
                        I want one of those little portable fingerprint devices. Guy says "I'm John Smith and left my wallet at home". "Well Mr Smith...put your thumb right here"...and off it goes. Few minutes later, I find out he's John Booth with a murder charge.

I was watching one of the reality cop shows (about San Diego I think) and they had one of those things and were able to confirm the guys identity right there on the street within minutes.

An agency a few town over has a machine like this in HQ, takes about 5-10 minutes for the check to come back. They just "place" their hand palm down and it scans the prints.

We still have to ink prints and it's a pita.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5844 users online. 368 members and 5476 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X