Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the smell dope or seeing something in car can be PC but is being nervous a reason for PC to search

Comment

Originally posted by roadrunner5877 View Post
      I know the smell dope or seeing something in car can be PC but is being nervous a reason for PC to search
      Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post

Sometimes, requests for a consent search are made in the hope that the driver will refuse.

Often when cops ask for consent, they already have probable cause to perform a warrantless search. If the driver refuses, it is simply noted in the report and the search is conducted anyway.

When contraband is found, juries will interpret a driver's refusal for a search as consciousness of guilt (he only said no because his crime would be discovered if he consented). This is the icing on the cake that makes it easier to get a conviction.
        What he said. Normally when my team asks they usually have PC already anyway.
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Also to piggyback on "asking" even when there is PC and a game plan well formulated, it looks great on body cam that we even gave them a chance to cooperate willingly. Kindness along with looking great for a jury also just is a nice thing to do in general regardless of how much of an AH they might be.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6249 users online. 276 members and 5973 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X