300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Written Exams

How different are the police exams from department to department? Also, how long do these exams usually take? I'm also curious how many LEO's have failed some and passed some?

Police Written Exams

Most police written exams test for pretty basic skills. These include Math, Reading comprehension, reasoning skills,and general knowledge. They vary from agency to agency. As a rule, you will need to score in the mid to high nineties in order to move on in the hiring progress. There are several excellent publications that can assist you in preparing for the written exam. At least two of these are published by ARCO Publishing Co. They are usually available at any good bookstore.

Comment

Originally posted by JLH81
      How different are the police exams from department to department? Also, how long do these exams usually take? I'm also curious how many LEO's have failed some and passed some?

Here, you can review many varying test questions from different agenies:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ents%3Esamples
      Last edited by SgtCHP; 04-24-2007, 07:53 PM.
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

They can vary quite a bit and range widely in difficulty. I tested with four agencies, three in my state and one in Kentucky, and passed the written test on all of them. Two were very similar to the exams in the Barron's study guide, which I recommend. One was a very basic english test only. The other was a slightly more advanced english test combined with a math test with basic algebra and geometry.
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

The last one I took had basic math questions, word problems, coding, reading comprehension, and general department/area questions.
          summer - winter - work

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4652 users online. 272 members and 4380 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X