300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haileyboy23 View Post

I can agree with you. I have a major issue with unwarranted authority and I listen selectively. I don't like associating with people I presume as stupid or less knowledgeable than me. I like to take initiative and lead, I rarely follow. I'm egotistic, I have a cynical attitude and I'm conceited. However, conversely I am fair, I am rational, I have an impeccable work ethic and I love solving problems. I'm the guy that sits down for hours after everyone has given up trying to find new and better solutions/conclusions. I'm also the guy that spends all his off time further expanding his knowledge above and beyond expectations. My company loves me now because of that; my team is currently leading the state and I'm probably going to be up for another promotion. However, just because I'm good at what I do doesn't mean I like what I do. The primary reason I want to pursue Law Enforcement is because I want to contribute in making a difference. Yes, I'd likely be terrible with a lot of what Law Enforcement deals with, but on the contrary possibly a great detective/analyst among other things. I'm well educated and I'm a thinker—I think LE agencies can use more people like me.
    You sound like a potential nightmare for an academy class, let alone your FTO. Your personality description would indicate that you'd be extremely difficult to train, unreceptive to correction, and potentially badge-heavy...in short, you seem to have described yourself as an arrogant @$$ who would rile suspects up and then respond with some form of "whaaaat?" when another officer or supervisor calls you out on it. The vast majority of this job is interacting with people, many of whom may not be on what your consider "your level"...adaptation to the situation and people with whom you are dealing is a necessary skill.

As for being a "great detective/analyst," that's not the way it works...you have to prove that you can do the basics of the job before you get bumped into specialized positions. And, interpersonal and communications skills are even more a part of investigative work.

By your own admission, you seem not to be cut out for LE on a psychological level.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• haileyboy23
      haileyboy23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response. I'm still going to give it a shot.

Originally posted by haileyboy23 View Post

I think LE agencies can use more people like me.
    False.
    Last edited by ThinBlue404; 01-08-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

• haileyboy23
      haileyboy23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not until proven otherwise.

• Iowa #1603
      Iowa #1603 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's been proven otherwise countless times in the past.

Don't think you are unique.................those of us in this business have experience in dealing with "your kind" Those of us who were (or currently are) in supervisory positions have been there frequently over our careers

Your quoted statement in this thread alone is disqualifying for any reputable LE agency.

OP has ALREADY proved our points.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

For someone who spends so much time “expanding his knowledge,” it seems you failed to do some basic research. FHP has a section just for you...

“How important is my driving record?

Very important! Receiving four or more moving violations within a two-year period, (including driver license suspensions) or receiving a reckless driving citation within a seven-year period from the date of the application will disqualify you.”

Comment

• haileyboy23
        haileyboy23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, I'm all for a life of being poor, hating myself and risking my ***; I'm giving it a shot. I'm not, not qualified until the words come from a valid agency with hiring rights.

• haileyboy23
        haileyboy23 commented
        Editing a comment
        As the new replaces the old, what is ideal anyways? As time goes on, they must adjust to what's available.

• Iowa #1603
        Iowa #1603 commented
        Editing a comment
        You came to us for answers. Nobody forced you to register here.

Don't like the answers from probably 300 yrs of experience? Find another place that will spray unicorn dust up your A hole. That isn't going to happen here.

If you think the answers you get here are "rough" just wait until you get in the academy and face a Tac officer. But WAIT. No way are you ever going to see an academy.

• haileyboy23
        haileyboy23 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll make sure to post a follow up when I do.

Well, I'm all for a life of being poor, hating myself and risking my ***; I'm giving it a shot. I'm not, not qualified until the words come from a valid agency with hiring rights.
      Just out of curiosity, if you didn't want the answer, why did you bother coming here and asking the question?

As the new replaces the old, what is ideal anyways? As time goes on, they must adjust to what's available.
      Wow...are you seriously so egotistical and think so highly of yourself that you think that a department should change their hiring standards for you? Assuming you're not trolling at this point (which is questionable), you need a major ego check.
      "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
      -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• haileyboy23
        haileyboy23 commented
        Editing a comment
        No. I'm saying that although the national growth rate of Law Enforcement is around average, in some geographic areas, like Florida, the growth rate isn't too hot. Some departments down here are so desperate that they've lowered their standards drastically over the years, esp. state departments that have ****ty funding. While the cream of the crop run to high paying jurisdictions and major cities, a Iot of Florida is left begging for scraps. I have a buddy with a DUI in the last 2 years and a drug related felony; he was hired with a department out in Southwest Florida almost immediately... took them not even 4 months to go through the hiring process with him, and they even sponsored him. Turns out he's great at what he does and he loves it, he made ****ty mistakes in the past but his department looked past that out of desperation. For better or for worse..? Considering I graduated magna cum laude from a reputable institution and have no history of crime (outside a few speeding tickets, lol), I think my chances of getting in somewhere may be better than I originally anticipated. I am definitely egotistical and can be hard headed at times. When I was a child, I was severely punished for any type of failure. So, I just learned to not fail at anything. When someone tells me I will fail or I can't succeed at something, it's both bothersome to my very character and makes me push even further to succeed. I came here asking questions and I got the answers I probably needed.

Sigh….. basically what I get here is you have a very high opinion of yourself.....you need to find some humility very quickly. You'd be surprised who has done what in their careers. Being a cop depends 100% on teamwork and if you are out for yourself than you stand the chance of getting someone killed....someone has to watch the back of the house while guys make entry, not everyone gets to be the star/stud all the time. By your own admission you won't respect rank if you think the person is below you.... there have been plenty of bosses I didn't respect as people but I respected their rank, and there is a time and place to have discussions about decisions or ideas..that time is not on a developing incident. So.....question is if you few yourself as better than your boss, who tells you to do something...do you follow his/her lawful order or do you do your own thing?

Comment

• haileyboy23
        haileyboy23 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey..! Thanks for not being a complete *******. I completely understand the nature of a disciplined environment; my personal opinions and beliefs have nothing to do with that equation. Hell...if that were the case, a transition into law enforcement wouldn't even be a consideration. An order is an order, duty is duty and a superior is superior, regardless of what I may personally think. My character and ideologies alone shouldn't necessarily depict an automatic lack of maturity, considering that's where you're aiming..?

No. I'm saying that although the national growth rate of Law Enforcement is around average, in some geographic areas, like Florida, the growth rate isn't too hot. Some departments down here are so desperate that they've lowered their standards drastically over the years, esp. state departments that have ****ty funding. While the cream of the crop run to high paying jurisdictions and major cities, a Iot of Florida is left begging for scraps. I have a buddy with a DUI in the last 2 years and a drug related felony; he was hired with a department out in Southwest Florida almost immediately... took them not even 4 months to go through the hiring process with him, and they even sponsored him. Turns out he's great at what he does and he loves it, he made ****ty mistakes in the past but his department looked past that out of desperation. For better or for worse..? Considering I graduated magna cum laude from a reputable institution and have no history of crime (outside a few speeding tickets, lol), I think my chances of getting in somewhere may be better than I originally anticipated. I am definitely egotistical and can be hard headed at times. When I was a child, I was severely punished for any type of failure. So, I just learned to not fail at anything. When someone tells me I will fail or I can't succeed at something, it's both bothersome to my very character and makes me push even further to succeed. I came here asking questions and I got the answers I probably needed.
      If you're going to lie, at least make it believable. I don't care how desperate an agency is, they won't hire a felon convicted of a drug crime to work the street. You know, that whole "felons can't possess firearms" thing kinda makes it hard to carry one every day for work.

Comment

• haileyboy23
        haileyboy23 commented
        Editing a comment
        His record was expunged. I have nothing to prove to you people whatsoever, take it or leave it.

Originally posted by DD312 View Post

If you're going to lie, at least make it believable. I don't care how desperate an agency is, they won't hire a felon convicted of a drug crime to work the street. You know, that whole "felons can't possess firearms" thing kinda makes it hard to carry one every day for work.
      You know he is going to say that there was no "conviction" so the guy can possess.....................................

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

• haileyboy23
        haileyboy23 commented
        Editing a comment
        No sir. His alcohol DUI was a first degree misdemeanor. His felony arrest was for possession of cannabis concentrates years ago. 1 year probation and x fine—dismissal; he had it expunged a few years down the road. Also, please note...that is not an ellipsis, sir.

• Iowa #1603
        Iowa #1603 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yea the classic EXPUNGEMENT

I know what an ........................................ellipsis is smart ***

I also know what a Last Chance Police Department is.....

Looks like you are going to do what you want to do so why are you bothering to respond to the advise here?

You're an idiot just do what you want! We'll eventually read about you on social media and or the news.

Plenty of YouTube videos of ex-cops, like you doing stupid stuff.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8657 users online. 272 members and 8385 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X