300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Equipment

Asked this in the Illinois Threads Section, but I just wanted to see if there was more info out there...

I am still in the application process for CPD and so to pass some of the time I was wondering what the CPD uses for equipment. What type and brand of Body Armor is the most commonly used? I read in previous posts that you can use a Beretta, S&W, or Sig. What are the approved models for these firearm companies? I am curious about what other types of tools are used in the field, like computers and radios in the cars? Do you wear boots or shoes? What about less-than-lethal weapons, tazers and such?

I know its alot of questions, but I feel like a kid about to go to Great America or something... I just hope I can wait though the application before my head explodes from anticipation!

Anyway, thanks for any responses received!

Originally posted by Chicago_mwk
    Asked this in the Illinois Threads Section, but I just wanted to see if there was more info out there...

I am still in the application process for CPD and so to pass some of the time I was wondering what the CPD uses for equipment. What type and brand of Body Armor is the most commonly used? I read in previous posts that you can use a Beretta, S&W, or Sig. What are the approved models for these firearm companies? I am curious about what other types of tools are used in the field, like computers and radios in the cars? Do you wear boots or shoes? What about less-than-lethal weapons, tazers and such?

I know its alot of questions, but I feel like a kid about to go to Great America or something... I just hope I can wait though the application before my head explodes from anticipation!

Anyway, thanks for any responses received!
    Just get hired first....you will be given lots of information and funding sources within the first couple of weeks of the academy. THe process for CPD is never swift (1-3 years). You will give yourself a stroke if you get too anxious.
    You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Can do!

HAHAHA! Thanks for that advice! I have a year left on my enlistment so I have alot of time. Just figured I'd pass the time with a bit of day dreaming about the perfect job!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158532 users online. 137 members and 158395 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X