300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Courtesy

Just out of curiosity, if you LEO's pulled over someone for something minor (tinted windows, no front plate, rolling a stop sign (late at night, no one on the road), etc. and you found out that the person that you stopped is a 911 Police Dispatcher. Would you treat them as you would a fellow off duty LEO? I guess my question is, would you extend the same professional courtesy to a 911 Dispatcher that you would to an off duty LEO?

Maybe. Attitude dictates the end result.

Comment

Of course, as long as the dispatcher didn't act like a total ******.
      Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Of course you give them curtousy, If you don't, you'll get every paper call in your district for the next few months...
        Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Originally posted by 355339
          Of course you give them curtousy, If you don't, you'll get every paper call in your district for the next few months...
          Ain't that the truth. Be nice to dispatchers. They're the one who sends you on calls.

I'd use whatever discretion I'd give any other LEO.
          -Stay safe

Comment

Duh!! Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Just out of curiosity, if you LEO's pulled over someone for something minor (tinted windows, no front plate, rolling a stop sign (late at night, no one on the road), etc. and you found out that the person that you stopped is a 911 Police Dispatcher. Would you treat them as you would a fellow off duty LEO? would you extend the same professional courtesy to a 911 Dispatcher that you would to an off duty LEO?
              I can see it now.

Me: Why are your windows tinted illegally? There is nothing in law exempting them.

You: Well, I ...

Me: And do tell, what happened to the front plate? DMV issues two for a reason.

You: Ummm, it's just that ...

Me: Oh yes ... while I'm at it ... what does a stop sign mean in your neighborhood?

You: ... it means stop sir

Me: You won't get a warning next time, be best if you had two plates and legal tint when you stop at that stop sign if I'm around to see it.

You: Thank you sir.

Me: Good, you'll live longer that way and maybe even get to keep a few bucks in your wallet to maybe spend your woman.

Are you kidding?

My dispatchers would never show up at HQ and risk letting the Captain see their car with illegal tint while missing a front plate. They are an hour's plus drive from me, but I am pretty sure they also know what a stop sign means and why it's used.

Take care .......
              Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 04-24-2007, 09:12 PM.
              "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

yeah, I guess...

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

A few of ours-HELL Yes!!! Most here are ok and I would not cite, however we have a couple-well you get the drift
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Dispatchers are the ones that determine what calls you go to, most of the time.
                    As long as the dispatcher is being polite and not expecting the "free ride" send them on their way.
                    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6267 users online. 312 members and 5955 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X