300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming unfit for duty

Looking for advice esp from old timers. Personal takes from experience. Insights. Options. Concerns. Other.
    I'm eventually going to be disqualfied due to medical condition, progressive, non correctable. Long drawn out time frame. Dept regs don't enter into this. Research shows me they vary from dept to dept. Irrelevant. Primary concern is becoming a liability to fellow officers. Self assessment. Drawing my own line.
    Issues I'm looking for input on. Your feelings about working with an officer that isn't 100%. Mental attitude. Coping. You fill in the blanks.
    I'm not comfortable giving particulars on a public forum. Ask in PMs.

Originally posted by BetteNoireX View Post
    Looking for advice esp from old timers. Personal takes from experience. Insights. Options. Concerns. Other.
    I'm eventually going to be disqualfied due to medical condition, progressive, non correctable. Long drawn out time frame. Dept regs don't enter into this. Research shows me they vary from dept to dept. Irrelevant. Primary concern is becoming a liability to fellow officers. Self assessment. Drawing my own line.
    Issues I'm looking for input on. Your feelings about working with an officer that isn't 100%. Mental attitude. Coping. You fill in the blanks.
    Peanutbutter, if you feel that you are (or are going to be) a liability to fellow officers then resign NOW.

Comment

Please take your meds and repost your question. Sorry but if this post is anything like your mental fitness for duty, then I suspect you're already disqualified.

I'm not a mental health professional. But if I saw an application or an incident report like this, I would be very concerned.

Good luck!

Comment

The AGENCY makes the determination, not the Officer. Buuuuutttttt.... since you aren’t a cop, it doesn’t matter. You could be a bounty hunter. You have the limited brain function they seek.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by westside popo View Post

Please take your meds and repost your question. Sorry but if this post is anything like your mental fitness for duty, then I suspect you're already disqualified.

I'm not a mental health professional. But if I saw an application or an incident report like this, I would be very concerned.

Good luck!
          Made a crappy mess of that posting. Going deaf is just not something I'm comfortable in discussing. But the jjist of what you guys are saying is dead on. I'm not inspired or highly capable and haven't given any thought to another career. But best to just move on.
          Last edited by BetteNoireX; 12-04-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Made a crappy mess of that posting. Going deaf is just not something I'm comfortable in discussing. But the jjist of what you guys are saying is dead on. I'm not inspired or highly capable and haven't given any thought to another career. But best to just move on.
            Well, start thinking about another career. Also please find a new hobby besides creating new profiles and posting rambling nonsense here. Good luck!

Comment

Move on. Bye bye.

Comment

I've worked w/ several that wore hearing aids. That is something that can be addressed. I believe all of us should have a 'plan B' regarding another career. The tone of the post is disconcerting. I hope you have someone that you can trust to talk to about these concerns.
                Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Don't spend time on this poster. Long history of bs.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                    Don't spend time on this poster. Long history of bs.
                    copy that. thanks.
                    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Unless...you enjoy toying with your Prey...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6049 users online. 238 members and 5811 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X