Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Fans Of Reno 911 ?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any Fans Of Reno 911 ?

    I saw the thread on the show "Cops" and found that interesting. I was frankly surprised to see how many cops watch the show. I was hoping some of you would comment on "RENO 911" as I have always been curious about what cops, especially Reno cops thought about this show.
    Jubilant Patriotic Republican

    America gave Obama the benefit of the doubt when they elected him. Obama is now giving America the doubt of the benefit of his governance......Change you can bereave in!..JPR

  • #2
    I think its funny as hell...Its adds a funny light to some of the crap we see...and they get to say some of the stuff we want to say.

    Comment


    • #3
      I love that show. It puts a funny spin on the things cops go through on a daily basis.
      I especially like the clips from the dash cams. I was taking a class one time when the instructor decided to show us some videos from his computer. Apparently he had never seen an episode of Reno 911 before because he played the clip of the blond demonstrating FST's, doing the dancing and stuff, and he thought it was real.
      "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

      "You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

      Comment


      • #4
        Hilarious!!!!!! Can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD.

        FWIW, the station and parking lot scenes are all filmed at LASD/ Carson. Not the "out and about on the streets" scenes though. That's Carson's report-writing room (not our briefing room) that they use as their briefing room. I can still see my old mailbox on the wall in most episodes. There's a window to the Watch Sergeant's office on one wall, and a large window (Same wall as door) that opens up to the jailer's area and then beyond that to a booking cell.

        EDJ
        "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe
          Hilarious!!!!!! Can't wait for the movie to come out on DVD.

          FWIW, the station and parking lot scenes are all filmed at LASD/ Carson. Not the "out and about on the streets" scenes though. That's Carson's report-writing room (not our briefing room) that they use as their briefing room. I can still see my old mailbox on the wall in most episodes. There's a window to the Watch Sergeant's office on one wall, and a large window (Same wall as door) that opens up to the jailer's area and then beyond that to a booking cell.

          EDJ
          The movie is terrible, I was pretty ticked after I paid 10 bucks to watch it in theater.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Stewie
            The movie is terrible, I was pretty ticked after I paid 10 bucks to watch it in theater.
            I wouldn't say it was terrible, it was basically like watched a few "To be continued..." episodes on tv. I think the expectations for it were held a bit too high.

            Comment


            • #7
              I still remember the first itme I watched Reno 911, thinking it was some kind of COPS type reality show, and then going "WTF?" a little ways into it. Most LEO's I know would rather watch Reno than a reall police show any day of the week.

              The one we talk about most at work is where the unit got investigated, and they all agreed to hold their mud, and then they started ratting each other out on everything they could think of.

              Comment


              • #8
                My wife and I have watched it religiously since it aired.

                Comment


                • #9
                  non- leo here, but always had that question of if yall like the show or not, but i got another i always wanted to know and that is how many people have called the reno pd. thinking its real and asking for Dangle, or Jones before, or asked if one of the reno 911 officers could respond to their call. ( i was thinking about gilligans island and how they said so many thousands of people actually wrote the coast guard telling them to look for gilligan and the crew when that question popped up in my mind) so does anybody have any information??

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by lowsonoma
                    non- leo here, but always had that question of if yall like the show or not, but i got another i always wanted to know and that is how many people have called the reno pd. thinking its real and asking for Dangle, or Jones before, or asked if one of the reno 911 officers could respond to their call. ( i was thinking about gilligans island and how they said so many thousands of people actually wrote the coast guard telling them to look for gilligan and the crew when that question popped up in my mind) so does anybody have any information??
                    They said the Hawaii Five-0 production company, located in Hawaii, used to get the same kinds of calls, (rumor has it, including one from a state police department on the mainland) asking for police assistance.

                    Hawaii has no state police, and Steve McGarret was never in charge of it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Reno 911 is the most realistic TV show about cops that I have seen...

                      ... seriously, I wasn't joking.
                      "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        One of the best shows ever. I love it. It's true. Most of the way they act is true.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          * removed *
                          *wrong forum*

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lowsonoma
                            non- leo here, but always had that question of if yall like the show or not, but i got another i always wanted to know and that is how many people have called the reno pd. thinking its real and asking for Dangle, or Jones before, or asked if one of the reno 911 officers could respond to their call. ( i was thinking about gilligans island and how they said so many thousands of people actually wrote the coast guard telling them to look for gilligan and the crew when that question popped up in my mind) so does anybody have any information??
                            Simply declaring you are non-leo does not give you blessing to post in this forum. Did you not see the very large headers at the top of the thread?? How does this portend for your future career in LE if you cannot even follow the simplest of rules?

                            EDJ
                            "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe
                              Simply declaring you are non-leo does not give you blessing to post in this forum. Did you not see the very large headers at the top of the thread?? How does this portend for your future career in LE if you cannot even follow the simplest of rules?

                              EDJ
                              i didnt see the one at the top, but i knew it was just for leo to post replys but figured since it was just a fun topic and i didnt want to start a new thread i could add a question. sorry

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5117 users online. 275 members and 4842 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X