300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police officer age limit

since im interested in being in LE, why do u have to be 21 in some states, and other ages in other, like for instance, in Va, you have to be 21, but in Maryland you can be 19, so i was just wondering, if you could shed some light toward my direction
    We are Volunteers, we don't get paid for what we do
    But our hope and prayers are to always see you through
    We can be eating or awakened in the middle of the night
    With a blast of our pagers saying There is a Fire we need to fight!
    We are up and dressed and out the door
    We meet sirens blaring and trucks that roar
    The adrenaline pumping, were ready to go
    Will we make it home? We never know.

Mate you'd love it here in Queensland...
    There's no age descrimination here, from the age of 18 up to close to retirement... well sort of!!
    As long as you had good grades at school, they would take your application on board. We had a 55yr old lady go through the Academy a few yers ago... No height, age or weight anymore...
    Got to love the Civil Libertarians with power...

Good Luck!!
    You can't be a Real Country unless you have a BEER and an airline -- it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a BEER.
    Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by NewbernFireDept
      since im interested in being in LE, why do u have to be 21 in some states, and other ages in other, like for instance, in Va, you have to be 21, but in Maryland you can be 19, so i was just wondering, if you could shed some light toward my direction
      Some states dont allow anyone under the age of 21 to possessa handgun for any reason, Some states feel that the extra couple of years adds a measure of maturity and some states are willing to allow anyone 18 or over to take the Job. In the end it's the Individual that is the key, not an arbitrary age-limit. We've hired 20 year olds who were Great, and 30 year-olds who acted worse than a high schooler at Spring Break in Cancun.

Comment

Florida is 19yoa +

Comment

Originally posted by NewbernFireDept
          You must be 21 in Md. to be a sworn police officer. You can be a Cadet from ages 18-20 but once you hit 21 you must join the academy. Reason, you must be 21 in Md. to posses a pistol.
          Last edited by backinblue; 04-23-2007, 11:18 AM.

Comment

I have three guys on my department that started at 18. I'm 25 and people look at me like I'm just a baby, I could not imagine being 18!

Comment

Must be 19 in Florida.... However, my agency won't touch you until you're 21, being that you must be 21 to own a handgun and to purchase pistol ammo. On the other end of the spectrum... the sky is the limit for age as long as you can pass the required tests.
              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Depends on the agency here in Wisconsin. I've seen 18+ and 21+ departments. I had a couple people working with me that were 18 and I'm sure it'll happen again this summer.

I've got the same "problem" as lionheart45, I'm 23 and have a baby face. I've been told by people I look like I've barely got learner's permit. Oh well. I get carded buying candy. As long as you're qualified in the state, chances are you'll be looked at. Experience is what's getting me while applying for full-time jobs.
                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6423 users online. 374 members and 6049 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X