300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you watch "Cops"?

Not aiming at any stereotypes here, I'm just kind of curious if anyone has any opinions on the show or if your shift is enough law enforcement for the day for ya.
    Yes
    72.90%
    No
    13.08%
    Rarely
    14.02%
    --"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."
    --"Run XC"

COPS came out nearly twenty years ago. We always made it a point to be at my partner's house on Saturday night, to watch the new episode. I watched religiously for the first few years, not anymore though. *yawn*
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I still watch it...it's a good training tool on what to do or what not to do. It's funny because you can see certain officers with more bravado than they probably have when the camera is on them. Other than that I still enjoy it.
      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I never did until I did my episode of "Real Stories of the Highway Patrol". Then, I watched both to compare for awhile.

The last few times I watched I sometimesaw guys say and do stupid sheeot to show off to the camera - stuff they would never do or say in real life - and it irks me, so I don't support it anymore.
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Before I was hired by DPS I watched it fairly often. Now I rarely watch it because of what 1042 Trooper pointed out.

Comment

I watch it most of the time, usually because I am waiting for America’s Most Wanted. The first Sheriff I worked for told me to watch it religiously and if I want to be a good officer, DON’T do what they do. As Trooper said, to many of them show off for the camera and maybe it is because they are cutting the tape, but there sure seems to be a whole lot of illegal questioning and searching.
            "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

from time to time, purely for entertainment........and bad tactics.......It a TV show so they look for the highest ratings.....not actual police work.
              retired, NOT retarded

Comment

To each their own. I don't want to watch a show about work. Does a MD watch ER? As my (old) father would say, "It's like a mailman going for a walk on his day off."

Comment

I watch it all day every day for training. Its more real then the real thing. HAHA

Comment

I've never understood why a cop would watch "cops". My dad loves it, so I've seen parts of some episodes...I guess it might be a primer on what not to do.

Comment

I watch it on occasion for lessons in what NOT to do. One would hope there is a lot we are not seeing but I see a lot of poor tactics, even in the new episodes. Some of it I expect from the older episodes but with the things we know now, I sometimes cringe when watching it.

It also seems there are a lot of questionable search and seizures..and I find my self asking "Are we allowed to do that?" LOL

Comment

I have seen it a few times since it started , but i call it a training film for what not to do on camera .. ( not all but some )

Comment

Some of the things are just "show buisiness." But pan enough sand and sometimes you come up with a nugget! A few of the episodes have been real good training aids in Roll Call and about fifteen years ago they had an episode about New York Transit Police drunk down stings. Our Crime Impact Team tried it and it worked great. Lots of good arrests, involving some real bad guys.
                          "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

I still watch it on occasion but liked previously stated some of the guys on there just show off. These guys with their comedy routines and tough guy attitudes for the camera doesn't make for good tv.
                            "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Originally posted by CCB2002
                              Its a good program...many officers dont like to watch it...although check out our local police on youtube.com COPS Program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVoesxeETQI
                              I hate to say it but that is probably one of the best episodes ever....at least one of my personal favorites.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6495 users online. 363 members and 6132 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X