Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On an average night (if there is such a thing)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On an average night (if there is such a thing)

Just out of curiosity, on average, how many calls do you respond to on a single shift? How many traffic stops do you make on any given shift? I realize that this will be different depending on the size of the dept. or city.

On average I'm around 10-15 calls for service...On a busy night, it can run into the 25 to 30 range. On a quiet night, it can be as low as 5. Traffic citations vary depending on how busy we are. If we are hopping from call to call (which is most of the time), I do not do any traffic. On a quieter night, I may write 2 to 5 tickets.

Comment

On an avg. night 3-4 calls for service and 6-8 traffic stops. Our dept. likes to make traffic stops. The most stops in on night for me was about 20. O'yea we work 12hr shifts, 6 to 6.

"SO OTHERS MAY LIVE"
      You have to go out, but you don't have to come back!!

Coming to a CRACK HOUSE NEAR YOU!!!!!

Comment

Days-I suppose I answer from 15-20 calls and serve papers and do traffic when I can.

Nights-that all depends. Friday and Saturday and pretty busy until 0400 or so..there's no telling how many i'm dispatched to. However, I generate a LOT of calls because we get out on EVERYBODY...play it S.A.F.E. you know. Now, in the summer at night...Lord have mercy...we won't stop until the sun comes up. However, the west end of town is slow and often has to come over to back one of us up.
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

OH, reference to traffic stops/shift...if I'm on nights and it's after midnight or so, I'm stopping anything rollin' if I can find a way to. Then again, I work the high crime high drug area...
          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I take 15 or so in an average night and 25 on a busy one. 3 to 5 stops a night. Almost never write tickets.
            It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

When I was in patrol..... 20-25 calls on a busy night....5-10 on a slow night. Random traffic stops looking for dope/warrants/etc and hardly any tickets.

Now that I am in traffic......maybe 1 call a day.....maybe. (We do roll to the hot calls though.....help out with no paper..cant beat that). 35 tickets on a busy day......5 on a very slow day....usually somewhere around 15-20 though.

Comment

I try to make a minimum of 8 stops a day but am happy with 30 a week. That seems to be my average. That's roughly 1400 stops a year. I think I had 1700 last year which is pretty decent.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2846 users online. 164 members and 2682 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X