300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q about spotting grow ops

Very shortly I will be starting work at a security company in a semi-small town in BC Canada. I was talking with the owner today and he was saying that they are working in conjunction with the RCMP to aid in spotting Grow Ops. (Like everywhere else in BC, we don't have nearly enough officers) He was talking about some technology that apparently "lights up the house and power lines" to show a large draw of power. I am just wondering what exactly this technology is, if security guards we can utilize this system, and how effective is it really?

Thanks

What is the legal status of marijuana in Canada? I assume it's illegal. What about medicinal, criminal vs. civil, etc.? I just realized reading this, that I have no idea.

Comment

I was assigned as a marijuana eradication officer part time, over the growing season here. I went to a class about indoor grows taught by a retired RCMP officer. If the rest of he RCMP is as sharp as the instructor I had, and I'm sure they are, just contact the nearest RCMP office and speak with someone who does indoor grows.

Comment

There are several reasons why you can see this using some of the equipment out there. However, given this is a public forum, I'm not about to start spelling it out. If you have some legitimate concerns, contact the RCMP or municipal police in your area.

I would get more information about it from the drug unit. I know there are some limitations on how you go about doing what you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by flash40
          What is the legal status of marijuana in Canada? I assume it's illegal. What about medicinal, criminal vs. civil, etc.? I just realized reading this, that I have no idea.
          I found this site that I think describes the current marijuana battle,
          http://canadaonline.about.com/library/issues/blimj.htm .

And, yes, I guess getting into detail about it would only make the criminals (or decriminals if it gets to that) a little wiser. The last time I talked to an officer about the growing situation was when I lived in the boonies and asked them to please come and remove some plants that someone had planted in my back 40. All the equipment seized goes to an auction and the "Green Team" is now re-seizing equipment - some of it even still containing the RCMP evidence stickers. Although, they have found that sometimes the lights and ballasts get "damaged" during transport lol.

Thanx for your answers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4790 users online. 285 members and 4505 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X