Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for LEO's that have sporting events in their cities.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for LEO's that have sporting events in their cities.

This question is guided for cops in cities that have MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA, or major concerts.

Does your department enforce ticket scalping?

I was in Boston on Monday for the Red Sox game and was amazed at how much people were scalping tickets for. The face value for a Green Monster Seat at Fenway Park is $140.00, and the guy sitting next to me told me he paid 350 dollars for the seat from a guy out front. As I was walking to the game, people were screaming "tickets, tickets", and they were clearly scalping, and there was about 4-5 police officers standing around talking about 10-15 feet away from the guy. Im not saying the cops ignored him, or maybe they were on another mission, but its the fact that people would do this right infront of cops that blows my mind. And theres are plenty of police all around Fenway and there surrounding area when the Red Sox play.

What about in your cities?

I smell a troll!!

Comment

We will go after scalpers of our events. Oftentimes, the scalpers here are actually selling bogus tickets altogether and are not scalping the real thing. People pay good money for a worthless piece of paper. On the larger events, we have a unit set up just to go after scalpers.

Comment

In California, you can sell tickets for whatever price you want, no matter the face value. EXCEPT on the stadium/venue property, then the price is supposed to be face value only. Now, on the road up to Dodger Stadium, which by the way runs directly in front of the LAPD Academy, you see many people selling and buying tickets for outragous prices. Once inside the gates, the tickets are supposed to sell for face value only, which is why the guys selling the tickets here are a little bit more discreet.

Check out E-bay, and you will see some serious prices for tickets to the hottest shows and sporting events. The prices offered for theses tickets are no wheres near face value.
        Carpe Noctem

Comment

We also make scalpers leave stadium property, but they can go out on the sidewalk and sell all they want.

Comment

Yes, we will lock you up for selling, ticket you for buying. Cant sell tickets even under face value.
            Most important thing you and your partner do today is make off duty roll call.

There are very few problems which cannot be solved by the suitable application of high explosives.

“Is there one G or two G’s in staggered?”

“You better put two he was pretty drunk.”

Comment

Yes, it is enforced here as well.

Comment

You'll get locked up for scalping here. In addition, a lot of those "tickets" sold are bogus anyway. The reason it's enforced so stringently here is that there are a lot of politically connected "brokers" in this city that sell tickets by phone, O/L, for astronomical prices after buying up huge blocks of them.

Comment

There is a municipal code in my city prohibiting tickets,etc from being sold within 3 miles of the event no matter what the price. It is usually not a big problem, but we do occasionally cite people selling tickets.

Comment

Scalping is 100% legal in Florida.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3208 users online. 146 members and 3062 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X