Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Criminal Investigator 1811

Good evening all,

i just got reffered for an 1811 position with the VA in Dallas TX. This is Non OIG.

does anybody have any insight on what they do regularly? Are they uniformed personnel or civis are authorized? I was reading a forum on a different website but were posted a long time ago. Maybe 9 years if I remember correctly. Any ways, i read that they call the 1811’s Police , rather than a criminal investigator . And that they use uniforms and ride around in a squad car , pretty much security for the VA properties.
    Again, what I read was old and I’m not sure how true that was.

any information is greatly appreciated.

thanks !

Dept. of Veterans Affairs’ uniformed LEOs have the job title police officer, they are uniformed patrol/security officers at VA facilities and hospitals, and they are not 1811 criminal investigators. I believe the only 1811/criminal investigators for the VA are the special agents within the VA’s Office of Inspector General (OIG). That’s what I was told by a colleague who was a VA-OIG Special Agent/1811.
    sigpic

Comment

Go read the job description for the job you applied for.
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

I think it's common to sense for me to read the job description prior to seeking answers elsewhere. I don't lack common sense.
        The job description doesn't answer my questions, just like you didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
          Dept. of Veterans Affairs’ uniformed LEOs have the job title police officer, they are uniformed patrol/security officers at VA facilities and hospitals, and they are not 1811 criminal investigators. I believe the only 1811/criminal investigators for the VA are the special agents within the VA’s Office of Inspector General (OIG). That’s what I was told by a colleague who was a VA-OIG Special Agent/1811.
          Not quite. VA Police have several criminal investigator types. The one the OP is referring to is a hospital police detective. They also have 1811's who act as an internal affairs type investigators for the Office of Security and Law Enforcement.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post

Not quite. VA Police have several criminal investigator types. The one the OP is referring to is a hospital police detective. They also have 1811's who act as an internal affairs type investigators for the Office of Security and Law Enforcement.
            As I said, I’m quoting a source from VA-OIG from a few years back.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Neemz94 View Post
              I think it's common to sense for me to read the job description prior to seeking answers elsewhere. I don't lack common sense.
              The job description doesn't answer my questions, just like you didn't.
              Since you don't like our answers have you ever thought of actually asking the agency?

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Since you don't like our answers have you ever thought of actually asking the agency?
                No. See...that would require actually doing some work and possibly using a phone...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11680 users online. 409 members and 11271 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X