300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview coming up and i just wanted more advice on the topics

i have an LAPD interview coming up , here are the questions they are asking me , i have prepared and waiting to also go to a seminar that is being held this thursday , but i was wondering if anyone can guide me with the questions and give me more ideas that i can use that reflect to myself , here are the questions , please give me examples on how you would answer them .

Personal accomplishments
    Job motivation
    Instrumentality (how instrumental and effective you are in making decisions and adapting to change
    continuous learning orientation (how you seek and participate in learning opportunities )
    interpersonal skills ( how well you relate to other)
    oral communication skills ( establishing a rapport, making eye contact, listening to the questions and answering the questions) please be prepared to provide examples

, thanks in advance !

These need to come from YOU and YOUR experiences, not us, that'd be like cheating
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    DA Public Safety Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Who’s applying for the job - us or you? It doesn’t matter in the least how anyone besides you answers. If you give answers that you find online or that you were coached to give, your real decision making and personality will come out during the hiring process or in training. If it turns out that you aren’t what they’re looking for, you’ll be gone. Give your own honest answers. Not everyone is right for a paticular department,
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

My advice is get a good nights sleep the night before and go for a long run the morning of.

If you sit around and focus on the perfect answer for questions like "how instrumental and effective you are in making decisions and adapting to change", you are going to go nuts.

When you're 20 you care what everyone thinks, when you're 40 you stop caring what everyone thinks, when you're 60 you realize no one was ever thinking about you in the first place.

-Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Lapd187 View Post
          i have an LAPD interview coming up , here are the questions they are asking me , i have prepared and waiting to also go to a seminar that is being held this thursday , but i was wondering if anyone can guide me with the questions and give me more ideas that i can use that reflect to myself , here are the questions , please give me examples on how you would answer them .

Personal accomplishments
          Job motivation
          Instrumentality (how instrumental and effective you are in making decisions and adapting to change
          continuous learning orientation (how you seek and participate in learning opportunities )
          interpersonal skills ( how well you relate to other)
          oral communication skills ( establishing a rapport, making eye contact, listening to the questions and answering the questions) please be prepared to provide examples

, thanks in advance !
          Dude, really?

Just take a minute (or 10) to stop and think about those questions. They're not hard. I'll at least nudge you.

Personal Accomplishments - What have you accomplished in your life? The oral panel realize you life has been short and you haven't had sufficient time to accomplish fantastic things, but you've had to accomplish a thing or two, or three, or four. Think about what those things might be and be prepared to tell the panel about them when they ask.

Job Motivation - what makes you want to do things? Be prepared to tell them when they ask.

Continuous learning - what have you done to learn and grow in your job, your life, or to prepare for the position you are seeking? Be prepared to tell them.

Interpersonal skills - do you live in a closet or do you interact with other people? If there is something in your life that causes you to interact with people (job, club, volunteer work, terrorist cell) be prepared to tell them about it.

Oral communication skills goes back to interpersonal skills and you will demonstrate those skills when you talk to the oral board.

Now, here's my worry. These were simple things to figure out, it just took a minute of thinking about them. Yet, you were unable to do so. This suggests you may be severely lacking in life experience and not be ready for the job yet.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

The epitome of Epic Fail: this candidate. This is the generation that is going to serve for the next 40 years. No wonder things are going down the tubes...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Every interview has a unique focus, but some questions are asked so often, it makes sense to do all you can to prepare for them. In order to be successful you need a strategy, not scripted answers. Your goal should be to emphasize the expereince in your background that best fit what each interviewer is looking for.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10664 users online. 382 members and 10282 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X