300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student summer programs

Hello, my name is David and I'm currently a freshmen in college. I'm majoring in Middle Eastern studies with a minor in Arabic/Farsi proficiency. I've been interested in applying to the police academy since I was about 16 and plan on applying immediately out of college.

I was curious if there are any opportunities for college students to get a chance to work at the police station or other related police service jobs? I need to make a few bucks this summer and would like to get a job or even an internship that would be worthwhile and meaningful rather my usual summer job as a luggage handler at the airport. I have looked into the explorer program and I believe I am too old for that opportunity, although it doesn't play as far as I know.

Even if the job paid low, I still think that a job that has some sort of purpose to it would be much more important.

Thank you.

This is my first post, so if this is in the wrong section, please move or delete with instructions to repost in another area.

- David L.

Originally posted by crazybuck13
    Hello, my name is David and I'm currently a freshmen in college. I'm majoring in Middle Eastern studies with a minor in Arabic/Farsi proficiency. I've been interested in applying to the police academy since I was about 16 and plan on applying immediately out of college.

I was curious if there are any opportunities for college students to get a chance to work at the police station or other related police service jobs? I need to make a few bucks this summer and would like to get a job or even an internship that would be worthwhile and meaningful rather my usual summer job as a luggage handler at the airport. I have looked into the explorer program and I believe I am too old for that opportunity, although it doesn't play as far as I know.

Even if the job paid low, I still think that a job that has some sort of purpose to it would be much more important.

Thank you.

This is my first post, so if this is in the wrong section, please move or delete with instructions to repost in another area.

- David L.

Call a local Dept or the dept. you want to work for. Or go to your school's guidence offices and talk to a counselor. They can usually set something up or give you the resources to look for yourself.

With your degree and if you are able to speak arabic, local PDs are certainly not a waste of time, but the Feds would love you.
    GO CAVS!!

Comment

Originally posted by B-More Dawg
      Call a local Dept or the dept. you want to work for. Or go to your school's guidence offices and talk to a counselor. They can usually set something up or give you the resources to look for yourself.

With your degree and if you are able to speak arabic, local PDs are certainly not a waste of time, but the Feds would love you.
      I am interested in a federal job after graduation. There's quite a few different directions I could go in to be honest, but I'm just going to ride it out until that graduation day comes and then just start applying everywhere.

Comment

Quite a few agencies, especially at County and City level, offer Cadet. Intern programs. Some of these slots are paid. Now is the time to start checking into these possibilities, as Summer Break is just around the cornor.

Comment

I called into several police stations about an internship or any job around the station for a summer job and came up with nothing. Is it because I don't know what I should be asking for?

I live in Seattle, Washington and called up several stations. I'm just finishing my first year of college and would like a job that would actually mean something to myself and help out my resume. I have held a summer job at the airport as a luggage handler for about 4 years and I'm ready to build on that.

Are there any Washingtonians that know of summer programs for college kids? Is there something in particular I should be asking for?

Thank you,

- David

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3663 users online. 201 members and 3462 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X