300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE, PLEASE Answer...

Ok, my bro's girl is a real b***...and we all moved to TX from NY..I cant stand living with her and we all want her gone.....so she has a suspended d/l from NY for no insurance and an outstanding uti, speeding and now has failure to appear. and the plates are suspended...
    1) Can i blow her in to the Tx authorites and will they even do anything?
    2) Can she just apply for a Tx d/l and will they issue her one with a suspended NY d/l?
    3) The car has not had a payment since 08/06 and the repo guys in NY are looking for the car...is there criminal charges for taking a car "repossesion" out of state?

I doubt Texas cops are going to be able to arrest her on her NY warrants. NY doesn't extradite from Texas. As for getting a Texas DL with a suspended NY DL that wont happen. If she gets caught driving with a suspended DL she will be arrested for Driving while license invalid.

I dont know about the repossed car.
    The views I share are my own, and do not represent the opinions of my employing agency.

Comment

Originally posted by gowings91dk
      3) The car has not had a payment since 08/06 and the repo guys in NY are looking for the car...is there criminal charges for taking a car "repossesion" out of state?
      The bank that holds the note on that car will send someone to Mars to repo on a default loan.
      GO CAVS!!

Comment

They won't extradite to NY from TX for a suspended DL or failure to appear on a minor misdemeanor.
        As far as the car, if she goes long enough without making a payment or contacting the finance company that forwarded her the loan, they might report the car stolen.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Options...

Have you ever thought of moving out. Seems like a clear resolution to the problem. If you do your brothers g/f you stand to lose him as a friend and maybe wreck family ties.

I see this retalliation alot with people trying to get even for a variety of reasons. In your case seems like she may be getting the line share of attention in the relationship.
          I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG
            They won't extradite to NY from TX for a suspended DL or failure to appear on a minor misdemeanor.
            As far as the car, if she goes long enough without making a payment or contacting the finance company that forwarded her the loan, they might report the car stolen.
            Nope, it's a civil matter. We wouldn't even touch it as a theft.

But that doesn't mean he can't phone the lienholder so the repo man knows where to go...
            "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

We are all on the lease till sept. And i have to pay there and I cant afford a 2nd rent.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman
                Nope, it's a civil matter. We wouldn't even touch it as a theft.

But that doesn't mean he can't phone the lienholder so the repo man knows where to go...
                Maybe the bank would pay a small "finders fee" to the person who helps them locate the car?

Comment

1) Can i blow her in to the Tx authorites and will they even do anything?
                  Why not...? If they can confirm that she's driving on a suspended DL....they should be able to pull her over. I know in MO if I see someone I know is driving on a suspended/revoked DL.....they are fair game.... I just have to confirm it....but if I have R/S that they might be....I will still make a stop then confirm it via NCIC/MULES....

2) Can she just apply for a Tx d/l and will they issue her one with a suspended NY d/l?
                  She shouldn't be able to get a DL. In MO, if you are suspended in any other state.....you are screwed till you take care of that problem. I know of one guy in MO that was fair game everytime I saw him drive because he was suspended in CA (for non-extraditable warrants) and couldn't get a MO DL till he cleared his warrants up and got his DL in active/non-suspended status.....

Civil.....Figure out who owns the note so they can come get the car..... They may give a finders fee......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5420 users online. 304 members and 5116 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X