300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interdiction

I've been really fascinated by criminal interdiction lately and a friend of mine made some snide remark about cops spending too much time making narcotics arrests instead of catching felons who're robbing, stealing, and burglarizing.

Would it be a fair statement to say one of the reasons why officers spend so much time going after drug dealers is because the same people who are robbing people and breaking into homes are the same people selling drugs, and that it's easier going after them through a traffic stop arrest than by other means?

Originally posted by houstonstrong View Post
    Would it be a fair statement to say one of the reasons why officers spend so much time going after drug dealers is because the same people who are robbing people and breaking into homes are the same people selling drugs, and that it's easier going after them through a traffic stop arrest than by other means?
    Nope......................THOSE are the people BUYING drugs
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by houstonstrong View Post
      I've been really fascinated by criminal interdiction lately and a friend of mine made some snide remark about cops spending too much time making narcotics arrests instead of catching felons who're robbing, stealing, and burglarizing.
      Is your friend a doper? Because it's usually dopers who tell us we should be going after "real criminals"...

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Nope......................THOSE are the people BUYING drugs
      Iowa is on point; most of the folks who commit robberies or burglaries are drug users rather than traffickers (though there are exceptions). Drugs often fuel those crimes, so drug interdiction can have a positive effect on the rates of “real” crimes too.

Also, interdiction on the highways can catch the realest of the “real” criminals too. Terrorist Timothy McVeigh was caught by a state trooper on a traffic violation shortly after the Murrah Federal Building bombing, and a former interdiction cop who trained me years ago stopped a man who was later identified as a serial killer (and had the corpse of a victim in his trunk).
      sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the information. I'll let my friend know this next time it comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post

Iowa is on point; most of the folks who commit robberies or burglaries are drug users rather than traffickers (though there are exceptions). Drugs often fuel those crimes, so drug interdiction can have a positive effect on the rates of “real” crimes too.

Also, interdiction on the highways can catch the realest of the “real” criminals too. Terrorist Timothy McVeigh was caught by a state trooper on a traffic violation shortly after the Murrah Federal Building bombing, and a former interdiction cop who trained me years ago stopped a man who was later identified as a serial killer (and had the corpse of a victim in his trunk).
          Ted Bundy was also caught on a traffic stop shortly after killing a 12 yr old
          Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how even the most sophisticated and meticulous criminals don't have enough sense to fix a broken tail light or properly signal a lane change.

Comment

• KJB
              KJB commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it's the arrogance that is so prevalent in those with psychopathic and sociopathic behaviors.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8661 users online. 341 members and 8320 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X