Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citizen shoots man through her front door. Justified?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizen shoots man through her front door. Justified?

A citizen of Houston shot a man through her front door who was apparently touching the door handle. She had encountered the man while outside, got inside her house, closed the door, and got her gun.

Is this justified?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4e62644fff00

The investigation conducted after the incident will determine if the shooting was justified
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Maybe, maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by sleeplikeadream View Post
        Is this justified?
        I don't know. Could you please tell me?
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

No.
            Maybe
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Happened recently in Hawaii as well. Shooter is currently facing multiple charges. All depends on the circumstances once LE is finished investigating.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...hooting-death/
              Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Maybe the door was attacking the victim and the shooter was trying to stop the attack, unfortunately hitting him in the process...

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  Maybe the door was attacking the victim and the shooter was trying to stop the attack, unfortunately hitting him in the process...
                  Collateral damage defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                    The investigation conducted after the incident will determine if the shooting was justified
                    Exactly. In Alabama law (and comparable in other states), one can only use deadly force if there is an imminent threat to you or someone around you of deadly force or serious bodily harm (the example often given to illustrate serious bodily harm is if someonce took a chop at you with an ax, it may not kill you depending on where the blade cuts, but it will maim and seriously injure you).

In that news article, the suspect was masturbating in front of her while she was in her yard, and then chases her to her doorstep while in mid-stroke. Clearly gross and worthy of some felony charges at the very least, but from what the article reports there was zero imminent threat of deadly force or serious bodily harm. She committed attempted murder of a pervert, and I suspect she’ll be charged in the future. But again, I speaking to how Alabama codified legal use of deadly force; other states will vary on this some (ex: Texas “stand your ground” law).
                    Last edited by Kimble; 08-11-2018, 06:23 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post

Exactly. In Alabama law (and comparable in other states), one can only use deadly force if there is an imminent threat to you or someone around you of deadly force or serious bodily harm (the example often given to illustrate serious bodily harm is if someonce took a chop at you with an ax, it may not kill you depending on where the blade cuts, but it will maim and seriously injure you).

In that news article, the suspect was masturbating in front of her while she was in her yard, and then chases her to her doorstep while in mid-stroke. Clearly gross and worthy of some federal charges at the very least, but from what the article reports there was zero imminent threat of deadly force or serious bodily harm. She committed attempted murder of a pervert, and I suspect she’ll be charged in the future.
                      I didn't read the the article because it was slowing down my browser with all the ads. But if that was the case, sounds like the subject was attempting to rape, commit a home invasion or burglary against the home owner. Might be justified. Don't have all the facts yet.

https://youtu.be/Pu_LCNLillU
                      Last edited by westside popo; 08-10-2018, 07:36 PM.
                      Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
                      President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
                      President Jefferson Davis

Comment

• CCCSD
                        CCCSD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bazinga. I could make that case.

So, to sum up: we have only the news report to go by, and none of us are involved, either as investigators, victim / shooter, or jerker-off-er, plus most of us do not work in that jurisdiction.

Yo. Mes. Naybe.
                      #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                      Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                      RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                      Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                      "Smile" - no!

Comment

There was a case in my city where it happened. The victim and his neighbor got into an argument at the neighbors house. The victim was reported as saying “I’m going to go get my gun and kill your a**”. So, the victim went home, got his gun and went back to the neighbors house. The neighbor was waiting inside with his own gun. When the victim stepped on the porch, the neighbor shot him in the chest and called PD.

The DA ruled it justifiable.

I responded to a call where a lady had supposedly saw a man peeking through her window. After checking the area, I didn’t find anything. When I made contact with her again, she kept repeating, “next time I see him, I’m just going to shoot through the window, ok?” After the third time she said that I realized she was asking me for permission to do that. I told her “NO, it’s not ok to just shoot through a window”. She got mad at me and threatened to call my Chief and I told her to go ahead, but I’m not going to give you permission to shoot someone through a window. I wrote a report and never heard anything about it again.

Comment

She probably used an Ice Bullet...then buried him on the property.

However, I believe that during Obamas reign, the VP INSTRUCTED citizens to let loose with a few shotgun blasts from their porches if they felt "threatened." I would quote that as a Presidential Decree..
                          Last edited by CCCSD; 08-11-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Yes, absolutely not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6944 users online. 251 members and 6693 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X